• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by B-lennium

1. B

Do all 2016 XC70's have a remote start feature?

I have both, the JLR should be a bit faster when decoding the CEM Pin. When installing the alarm, I only installed the necessary hardware, Changed the carconfig with p3tool (setting a bit from 0 to 1). No real software is downloaded. The central screen magical added an option to disable the...
  2. B

Do all 2016 XC70's have a remote start feature?

I think you should be able to activate that With P3Tool It'l cost you €50 and you need a Dice-cable or JLR pro clone. I activated the trailer hitch and original alarm compontents in mine (V70 2011) https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/johnnys-mods-and-carconfig-changes-on-a-2012-v70.657314/
  3. B

bad porting suspect for uneven running?

I have a rough running engine, feels like a misfire. It is most pressent at idle and cruse. Compression checks out ok , 170psi on all 6 cyl. The plugs look all the same (brown ish). 0.50, 0.60 and 0.70mm plug gap I tried it all! The coilpack I use (vw vr6) works fine and the fuel injectors are...
  4. B

Sparkplug voodoo or just a damn good read?

In my search for curing a little missfire I have I found this: http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html Can you really read THAT much information from a sparkplug ? Or is this guy somesort of sparkplug psychic ?
  5. B

I bought a 1030 axle, known good but with noise, is this normal behavior?

The known good 242gt dana 1030 3,91:1 axle I bought makes noise when I turn one side while holding the input flange. There is little play. I can hear and feel the spider gears grab the next tooth. Is this normal?
  6. B

Is a 285 degree cam a 'wild cam' ? [B30]

I installed my kg-17 cam + go fast goodie's and tried to start today. The car started and after breaking the cam in (scary moment!) The idle is sh*t! This is lumpy! The megasquirt show's a 100kpa map signal @ 850 rpm. When I rev to 1100 the 'idle' gets back stable @85kpa. Problem number 2 is...
  7. B

Vintage What are they's marks on my B30 piston, ?

Can someone tell me what the 'D' stands for ? The dimples in the middle-right, are that sign's of detonation ?
  8. B

B30 camshaft wont come out!

I spend the day trying to get my camshaft out today, The gear, retaining plate cam followers and oil/distribution shaft are out. the cam will move 2 mm forwards/backwards and than gets stuck. I made a tool and managed to pull the cam out a bit (the rear of the camshaft is lose from its...
  9. B

Any thoughts about a schneider cam for my B30?

Do's anyone have any experience with this company? I read something about the cams being to soft, but then again why post good reviews if everything runs normal :) I am looking for a nice cam for my new engine project, Mostly street use, some track day use. Currently I have build a mildly...
  10. B

Small 228mm clutch vs 240mm clutch? (B30)

I have bought a new pressureplate for my B30 turbo. The stock setup could not hold the turbo powarrr!!:-D I can use a 228mm or 240mm clutchdisk. what clutch disk will hold the most power? 228mm because of the bigger force per mm? vs 240mm because the bigger frictionsurface?
  11. B

how to properly tune a sparkmap?

after glowing my turbo manifold red hot on my b30 turbo (wrong triggerwheel angle) After I corrected that mistake (always check it yourself, not your assistant) I want to tune my sparkmap the way it supposed to be. How should I begin? I used the spark excel spreadsheet on msefi.com but that...
  12. B

What is the best radiator for my 164 +turbo?

This weekend I overheated my B30 +t while the engine whas idling, I suspect my original copper radiator could not cope with the extra heat + bigass intercooler. I am thinking of mounting a 940 turbo radiator, could this be an upgrade? could some one give me the dimensions of such a radiator...
  13. B

Please critic my PCV system

I am building a B30 + turbo in my 164, I am almost done! now I need to change the pcv system. The old ( NA ) crankcase ventilation looks like this: I want to change the pcv system to something like this, I can make a catch can from the leftovers of my intercooler tube's. I also have enough...
  14. B

I tried the msextra tacho output and made a video of it!

I am in the middle of adding a couple of functions to my megasquirtII. One of the functions is the tacho-out. my 30year old tacho didn't work with the Edis6 + wasted spark I am using. I tried the 3x diode + zener circuit but that didn't do the job for me. So I am exploring the tacho out...
  15. B

please show me your Bodem

please show me your upskirt 240 pics I want to run a 3" exhaust on my 164, I could make my own, but I know I can buy a full 3" exhaust (Ferrita or JT-tuning) for a 240 turbo for cheap. my 164 is a 75' model = one of the last 164 ever produced the rear suspension is the same as the early 240. I...
Back