• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by cosbySweater

1. cosbySweater

Looking to get 285-300hp at the flywheel N/A on my 88 245DL, any cam, piston or other internal recommendations? Bolt ons as well!

If you want 300hp n/a just throw a bone stock LS in it. Probably a lot cheaper then trying to build a 300bhp na redblock
  2. cosbySweater

240 rear gears

Doesn't op have 3.31s? Mount a gear vendors to the existing od unit
  3. cosbySweater

240 spicer heavy duty center support bearing

if you're using it to solve a vibration issue with the t5, the only fix is getting rid of the t5
  4. cosbySweater

Yea suprisingly the big spicer donut has a lot les vibration then the 940 style at least in my experience
  5. cosbySweater

'75 245 Mary Jane, one more time to kill the pain.

Cool to see this thing again. also cool to see that serpentine belt conversion! i totally remember those
  6. cosbySweater

I have 2 240s one with the 740 mount style (which I was told is better) and the HD style sts sells. The sts bearing is so much nicer then the 740 style. The 740 style flops around quite a bit. The 240 style with the sts bearing is nicer imo, less vibration and more contact area
  7. cosbySweater

Davis 2024 - April 27-28

That sounds a lot better then the last minute days inn reservation I did
  8. cosbySweater

Desert Meet 2024 8/3 - 8/4

IM IN
  9. cosbySweater

"Barn Find" 1980 242. Now with Turbo LS

im glad this is happening. that shifter position ends up pretty good in there! im suprised tbh!
  10. cosbySweater

(Not*) Mediocre 242

I am using stock ones currently even though they leak ive been meaning to put a newer style 940 tank on there but both of my 240s will randomly push coolant. The om606 wagon has the double stacked o ring in the cap and it seems to be fine. The ls 242 will randomly do it, I can beat on it and...
  11. cosbySweater

(Not*) Mediocre 242

all of my volvo expansion tanks have leaked. i double stacked gaskets inside a green cap and it has solved the issue so far.... what head gasket are you using the cometic or athena style?
  12. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's 242 Daily Driver. PROJECT GRANDPA

Replaced the door seals and window regulator. Other then that haven't had to really do anything to the car at all. I'm going to do the oil change on it and head to Davis for the meet this weekend with it!
  13. cosbySweater

(Not*) Mediocre 242

Are you using the stock Volvo expansion tank?
  14. cosbySweater

Looking for advice for rear coilovers ( 240/244 )

Yes and no the reason we did this is because at the time it was on the lifty father was in the process of assembling a 1964 suburban for a customer. It had a full custom chassis and everything on it. It had rear coilovers mounted exactly like this with a single bolt so we figured replicate the...
  15. cosbySweater

Looking for advice for rear coilovers ( 240/244 )

They were strange single adjustables and 225x10
Back