• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by ikyikthe1st

1. I

question about bne 240 strut mounts and spring perches

When we went to install these strut mounts today, it looks like there is an extra piece. The orange retaining ring...the instructions on the site don't really match up to what we have. We ordered the pre assembled spring perches. Once assembled, the passenger's side is not sitting square (as...
  2. I

940 Window Regulator Slides?

http://www.amazon.com/Volvo-Sliding-Window-Regulator-PIECES/dp/B00AYIY9DM These are the pieces I'm talking about...are they supposed to pop off the window regulator once the metal clip is removed? A friend tried removing one and broke it...so now I am stuck with a window down. I still have one...
  3. I

240 Mysterious Charging Issue

92 240 The voltage is only around 13.5 and the alternator pulley gets hot...hot enough to start smelling burning rubber from the belt. This issue developed on the way home for Christmas...lights began to dim and typical dying battery issues. Had to get towed back to Nashville. Swapped...
  4. I

940 93 940 Air Conditioning Issues

Trying to get a/c ready for summer. Currently does not blow cold. Compressor comes on and cycles. While on, the low side pressure reads around 50psi, UNTIL my radiator fan comes on to cool the motor. Then the pressure drops to around 20 psi. I was told there should be a fan running constantly...
  5. I

Brake Lights or Turn Signals cause interference in speakers!

1992 Volvo 240 Brother took a hard turn and this issue started. Whenever turn signal is on, it gives his subwoofers a "heartbeat" effect... When the car is running, revving it up will increase the pitch of the whine coming from his tweeters. Anyone experienced something similar?
  6. I

740 91 740 turbo dash lights occasionally come on

The warning lights come on gradually, hit a bump and they will usually go back off. Sometimes if you hit the overdrive button to take it out of OD or back into OD, the lights go off as well. I'm guessing a ground issue, but where?
  7. I

Making a new intake -> turbo pipe questions!

I have to get a new intake pipe setup because of my new turbo, and I cannot figure out what to search for to find some weld on nipples for my pcv hose and bov recirculation hose. Does anyone know what I am speaking of or do they not exist?? I basically need something like what is on the stock...
  8. I

Clicking Fan Relays?

91 740 Turbo with e-fan from an 850. This first happened when I was up in the mountains, driving hard then got stuck behind a slow car, so I had my e-fan turned on all the way down the mountain. While sitting at the bottom of the hill, I popped the hood and coolant was coming out of the...
  9. I

740 blower fan spins wrong way?

If the positive and negative are reversed, will the fan spin the wrong way? It doesn't make sense to me but the new fan is in and spins but no air comes out of the vents.
  10. I

IPD HD CBV supposed to sound like this?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yQmPVjjxdBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> I can get a better video...sounds kinda fluttery. I put the 10 lb spring in. On the other hand, boost is now steady and doesn't wander around...
  11. I

940 Overdrive Issue

This has been going on for a while now but has gotten worse...93 940 auto trans. The overdrive light will come on but be very dim and overdrive will still work. Sometimes when you start the car, the overdrive light will be on fully and then immediately go off. A few times lately the overdrive...
  12. I

740 Diagram of oil filter adapter?

While taking this thing apart to replace seals (AND HOPEFULLY STOP THE DAMN LEAKS) I think I have forgotten where a few seals were. Mainly I need to know the order of washers and stuff where the oil cooler lines hook up to the adapter. I'm pretty sure the dealer's ordering program, whatever it...
  13. I

240 Trans doesn't downshift to 1 while in D

I've never encountered this problem before. I've had to drive my brother's car for the past few weeks and when it is first getting warmed up it sometimes will not shift down to 1st gear when I come to a stop. It feels like I would be slipping the clutch to get started if it was a manual trans...
  14. I

From where do oil cooler lines tend to leak?

I've got really bad leaks at the oil filter adapter where the lines hook up to the adapter. I'm going to get new washers that go between the adapter and the lines, but do the ferrules between the two fittings on those lines tend to leak as well? This thing was leaking like a sieve when I stopped...
  15. I

Ever seen these wheels?

Just managed to get those pesky wheel locks off a junk car a few days ago. Thought they had spacers behind them but that's just the way the wheel looks. Markings on them say "SP by ROH" and "Made In Australia." So it's an ROH wheel, but I can't find anything about it and have never seen them on...
Back