• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by kevbot

1. kevbot

AW71 input shaft seal

Hey all, I've discovered a trans fluid leak from the front of the bellhousing. Fluid is pinkish, and the rear main was replaced a couple years ago so I'm pretty sure it's not that (however I may replace it again anyway while I have it exposed). I searched here and on the 700/900 faq and...
  2. kevbot

Charging issue - 740

Vehicle in question is a 1990 745 turbo, 295k For almost 2 years I was using a denso 100a alternator with no problems. Its voltage slowly started dropping until the battery light in the cluster came on; swapped to a different denso, problem solved. Within the past 6 months though I've...
  3. kevbot

Aluminum/aftermarket coolant reservoir

Hello all, Just discovered a small crack and a slow leak on my ~3 year old coolant reservoir (1990 745). All the past cars I've owned I've had to replace the same part due to cracking, and I'm just curious if anyone has ever fit an aftermarket aluminum reservoir? I saw a picture in the showroom...
  4. kevbot

My $30 paint job (warning, #ruined content)

The original paint on my '90 745 had ben bugging me for quite some time. The hood and roof were extremely faded, and there were scratches/keymarks/gouges all down the sides. Figured it was time for something new, so last week I took action. Here's what it looked like before (sans roof rack)...
  5. kevbot

740 Cold start issue

1990 740 turbo, auto, ~280k (other info in sig) Have been experiencing this problem in the past few months, however this morning it was the worst it's been. On cold starts (when the engine is 100% cold, ambient temp makes no difference) the car will start up and idle normalfor anywhere...
  6. kevbot

740 Does this sound like the CPS?

Car: 1990 745t, ~280k, aw71, LH2.4, PLX wideband Brand new: cap & rotor, O2 sensor, plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator. For a month or so now, on cold starts, car will start up and idle fine in park, but as soon as I shift into gear it'll sputter and go very lean (afr @ 18-19) until I...
  7. kevbot

Rich at WOT

'90 740t, 15g @ 13psi, eBay i/c, greentops, stock fpr, 016 AMM, PLX dm6 wb02 Just installed the PLX wideband yesterday. Idles steady between 14.5-14.7, and after driving a couple hour-long drives, I noticed at a steady cruise it's at low-mid 14s, and at heavy acceleration it's around low 12s...
  8. kevbot

1990 740t random fuel/air problem

1990 745 turbo, ~280k miles. Always use premium. This might be a bit long because it's an intermittent problem and there's a lot to describe. This past Friday my wagon developed a problem that I can't seem to pinpoint. Had about 3/4 of a tank of gas, drove 45 minutes to pick up some stuff for...
  9. kevbot

Rebuilt 15g whining?

Hey everyone, Recently I bought a 15g from a junkyard 850. It had some shaft play, so I bought a rebuild kit and rebuilt it myself, and I got the shaft and wheels balanced at a local turbo shop. Clocked it for rwd and installed it on my 1990 745ti last night. No problems putting it on, and I...
  10. kevbot

15g shaft play, run it or rebuild it?

Hey everyone. Just recently pulled a 15g from an 855 at the local U pull n pay, not sure on the mileage of it. It spins good, radial play is minimal, but the axial play is what I'm worried about. It has a tiny amount, but I'm worried it's too much to run without problems so I tried to capture a...
  11. kevbot

Kevin's 1990 745ti DD

Up to date information (8.15.15): 1990 Volvo 745ti, AW71, Lh2.4, ~300k - Squirter block - 16t @ 18psi - Shane's fuel chip - Mike's EZK chip - RSI stage II cam - IPD cam gear @ +6? - T5 blue injectors - MSD Blaster 2 coil - Yoshifab phenolic intake spacers - 25x12x3 eBay intercooler - Hard 2.5"...
  12. kevbot

Volvos @ Sebring 2012 pic thread

Volvos at Sebring International Raceway, Feb 11-12 2012 The P1800 Race Car: All of us got to do two laps around Sebring behind the pace car at 40mph. Took a couple pics but I didn?t want to hold my camera the whole time. Couple rolling shots on the...
  13. kevbot

960 Transmission issue

Hello all, my transmission just went problematic on the drive home, so I'll try to describe what happened. Car is a '96 960, auto, 192k. I was cruising at 40, accelerated a bit and the car dropped out of overdrive, then when I let off the pedal again the car went back into overdrive and then...
  14. kevbot

FL Orlando Meet Summer 2011 - June 18th

Posting this here from VolvoSpeed. It's not my event, but I'm posting it here to get the word out more for those who don't have VS accounts or who haven't heard about it. Post up here or there if you can make it. Link to thread: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/144117-orlando-meet-summer-2011/
  15. kevbot

Kevin's 1996 960 DD

Well, I posted a thread of my car in the Showroom when I first joined TB, but for a while now I?ve been meaning to put together a proper thread for the progress/story of my car, and I have a free weekend now, so what the hell. First car was a 1991 VW Jetta GL. Awesome first car until I...
Back