• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by lunchb0x

1. lunchb0x

LH 2.4 Injector Resistor Pack Wiring

I am helping out BR1CKHOUS3 convert to LH2.4 from K-Jet. We are using a 2.4 harness from a '91 240 and we want to wire in a factory resister pack so he can run either types of injectors. I've read various threads and one, that I can't seem to find again, mentioned splicing in the resistor pack...
  2. lunchb0x

240 '85 B230F fuel cut in 1st gear

I did a bunch of maintenance to the car over the past few months and now im having an issue with what feels like fuel cutting out in 1st gear. I've noticed that as I take off in 1st gear and rev quick through first gear fuel seems to cut at about 2500-3000 RPM. I can press the gas pedal all I...
  3. lunchb0x

On the DL - 1985 Volvo 244 DL

Hey all. I just picked up this 1985 244 DL Manual from my roommate's dad for $1000. He had it for a month or so with the plans to make it nice daily but ended up selling it to me. The guy who had it before him put a lot of work into getting it to pass smog. It passed with flying colors and the...
  4. lunchb0x

Question about custom B21FT Oil Return Line

Basically I was wondering what size tap to use on the block to thread the existing oil return line port on the block? I am trying to get this block ready for a swap into a friend's 242 when he gets back from Germany here in a few weeks. He has had nothing but problems with the oil return line...
  5. lunchb0x

740 Need some help... Car is doing something weird.

For a while now my car has been doing this weird jerking or miss, I'm not sure how to describe it. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as sometimes it will happen a lot and then it will stop for a little while then do it again. When it does it I notice the rpms sometimes drop just a little. I...
  6. lunchb0x

Stereo popping fuses.. ground issues

Well I got my new deck in thinking my old one was bad. The stereo harness ground doesn't seem to work. When I hold down the ground wire to metal the deck works fine but if I try to use a connector and fastening it down it just seems to pop fuses. I don't know if this helps but since my stereo...
  7. lunchb0x

Looking for a replacement turbo. What fits?

I am looking for a turbo for my '89 740 turbo. I am relatively new to turbos themselves and I am just looking for a turbo that will be a direct replacement for mine. I am not worried about size and all that as I am not going for performance quite yet. I am looking to know what years and models I...
  8. lunchb0x

Radio not working... Short?

Heres the problem... I bought a new antenna mast as my old one broke. In order to get the pieces out I had to pull the hole thing out. I disconnected the wires and took off the bracket. I got all the broken bits out and reassembled. I turned on my car and the antenna turned on like normal. Then...
  9. lunchb0x

Need some help car is missing hesitating or something

Every now and then my car feels like it misses or hesitates while driving. There does not seem to be a pattern to it. It seems to do it at any rpm but will happen off and on. It seem to have stopped for a week or two then it started again the other day. Anyone have an idea where I should start?
  10. lunchb0x

Quick Question

Ok I replaced the hose that goes from the turbo to the AMM and now the hose that goes from the block to the little inlet on the new hose is to short. I believe its the hose for the flame trap or whatever. The hose I have now that goes from the block to the new turbo hose is plastic I was...
  11. lunchb0x

A/C Question

Well its getting hot here now and I need to recharge my A/C. I was wondering what recharge kit I should use and the best way to go about it. I wanna avoid going to a shop as I don't have a lot of money to spend. Thanks for any and all help! 1989 740 TIC
  12. lunchb0x

AMM Adjustment

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust these things. My manual shows nothing about it that I can find and I've searched on the forums but seem to come up empty on adjustment. I have an 89 740 TI (LH2.2). Which direction does what for the fuel mixture on the AMM? Also is there anyway...
  13. lunchb0x

Gauge Pods

I am looking for an A Pillar Gauge Pod for my 740. I've heard things about to IPD one for 7series something bout not a direct fit/replacement and all that, is that true? Also are there anyones that are cheaper and would fit nicely?
  14. lunchb0x

Heater Control Valve Broke... Safe to Bypass?

Title says it all I replaced a hose that was attached to it and I repositioned it wrong it one of the connectors broke. Is it safe to bypass it? Will only be for tonight and tomorrow afternoon.
  15. lunchb0x

Name that part!

Ok I need help naming the 90degree plastic bend that sticks into the cold side of the turbo. It has a hose that goes to the waste gate I believe. I cant seem to find it on any part website to get a name. Anyone have any idea?
Back