• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. dalek

Cracked Windshield

Windshield is cracked thanks to a truck that was pretty far from me and in a different lane... or the Chevy van that I was using as shield. In any case, I contacted insurance and was supposed to have an appointment on Aug 3rd to have it replaced with a... Safelite. Well, today safelite emails...
  2. dalek

740 Trunk lit arms/brackets

How to remove them? Trunk lid side is easy, but how are they attached to the car?
  3. dalek

740 Sunroof foam inside

Is it me or there is a chunk of white foam that is somehow mounted on the back of the sunroof assembly, somewhere behind the roof cutout? If so, what does it do for a living and how is it supposed to line up?
  4. dalek

700-900 trunk lock intechangeability

Are the trunk lock actuators the same between the 900 and 700?
  5. dalek

Crank Steered vs Piston Steered?

Ok, I am an idiot. What does that mean? What is better for what application? Which engines have that? I see a lot of threads referring to that, and other than knowing the B2X has one while the B2XX has the other, I know nothing about them
  6. dalek

740 Low chin radiator, intercooler, and fan shroud

Three questions in one thread because I am lazy I noticed some newer (940?) radiators extend further down than the older ones. For a N/A 740 or one using the later 900 intercooler setup, there is a cut on the bottom of the frame this extra bit of radiatorness can go. Now, if you have the...
  7. dalek

On the Toyota rear axle

I do remember people mentioning swapping a Toyota truck axle to the Volvo. But, howwoudl you do that for a 700/900? Specifically, what do you do with the speedo sending unit?
  8. dalek

740 Speedometer harness connector inside trunk

According to the diagram there is a "D" connector which is somewhere inside the trunk. Does anyone know where the SOB is? Also, what is the resistance of the sending unit?
  9. dalek

740 So my differential is 3.73 and open

Threads like https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=358061 made me become more interested in my diff. Because my car is a 91 turbo, I thought it had a 3.73:1 LSD, but since the sticker that goes in the rear axle is just a mirror, I needed another way to find out...
  10. dalek

740 Bendix non ABS calipers

I know my car has Bendix calipers without ABS, which means each caliper has two brake lines instead of one. Which years also had the same setup? As my car is 91, it also has the 287mm (11.3in) rotors; were the Bendix calipers different for the smaller rotors? Incidentally I would love to find a...
  11. dalek

740 Source of intake/hose leak I can hear in cabin

So as the boost gauge reaches 0psi (remember: idle is vacuum in the manifold), I begin to hear a hissing sound inside the cabin, to the left side of the car. Since it reminds me of a hose leaking, I replaced the entire hose that goes to the boost gauge. And the noise is still there. Thinking a...
  12. dalek

740 AMM burn wire signal

When the ECU sends the signal to heat up the AMM wire to burn the crap out of it, does it check if it there is an issue or just powers the wire for X seconds and call it good?
  13. dalek

740 Front brake caliber mounting holes spacing

I know that Volvo used a bunch of different calipers throughout the 700/900 life, but are the holes used to mount the calipers to the bottom of the strut assemble the same size/spacing for all calipers?
  14. dalek

740 Floppy oil trap hose

So bought a replacemet S-shaped hose that goes on the top of the oil trap as I thought mine was bad as it was rock hard. Thing is, this new one is rather floppy. As in I wonder if it has collapsed and now is restricting the flow. Are they that wiggly or should I find a better source for it?
  15. dalek

740 Front of my engine looks rather oily

I noticed there was some oil on the bottom of the engine a few moments ago and then decided to see what is up. And this is what I saw. I am a couple of miles from home. What would be the possible sources for all of this oil? Cam seal? FYI, I have cleaned my PCV system months ago.
  16. dalek

740 Floor drain plugs

Where are they, how do they look like, and how to remove them? I expected them to be rubber plugs but I have not seen anything like that
  17. dalek

740 bleed valves

So I want to bleed my brakes and noticed one of the bleed valves is plugged. Where can I get a replacement valve (there is an autozone within a mile from my home if that is an option)?
  18. dalek

Divided turbo manifold 1-2 vs 1-3

What is the difference when building a divided manifold between tying cylinders 1-2 and 1-3?
  19. dalek

740 Is my diff leaking or somebody else is incontinent?

I stuck my head under the butt of my car yesterday and took some pictures. Someone is leaking enough to cover the entire right driveshaft. Who could be doing that? I might take the car to the powerwash place and use engine degreaser thingie on the rear axle to see where it starts leaking...
  20. dalek

Understanding T5 gear ratios and their swapability

Just to make it clear, this is not a "which transmission should I put in my Volvo if I want to do X HP and Y torque using Z coffee" thread; I really just want to stick with the T5 in this discussion. So I have had a GM 1988 2.8 V6 WC T5 off an F-body (tag 13-52-177). According to what I read...
Back