• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. kyote

Microsquirt ALED channel crapping out

On the Mail Jeep, ALED was/is used to control EFAN. This channel seems to have given up the ghost, was working intermittently and now not at all. Is this a board level component than can be replaced? Originally was driving a Volvo EFAN relay, now driving an 80A cube relay. Please help me free...
  2. kyote

Occasional Extra Brake Travel after Highway Cruise

Occasionally I will get an extra inch or so of travel in the brake pedal, especially after long highway cruise stretches. Brake Pedal feels normal after a release and reapplication, and feels good and firm always, other than when it has an extra inch of travel. Entire brake system is less than a...
  3. kyote

The Royal Flush for the AC system

Going to attempt a full on flush, new compressor, drier, tvx on my 1983. I know it's not the "hottest" system but as my uncle bumble**** says you gotta piss with the cock ya got. I changed some dirty oil out of the Diesel Kiki, threw in a new drier, sucked it down and shot it up with duster...
  4. kyote

240 245 Sun Visors, anyone have a fix?

So, as you know, 245 sun visors tend to rot from the inside out for whatever reason, leaving you with a bag full of once foam. Has anyone come up with a workable alternative? I suppose I could peruse junkyard options, just wanted to pick the hive mind first. Thanks!
  5. kyote

The Redneck Bodyshop

Using my ATV to repair a 150 dollar Volvo I picked up yesterday :) https://youtu.be/6lFSgPTux9g
  6. kyote

83 245 Turbski Daily 2 seater "L Style" Van Build

So, after my 2015 Honda Fit was destroyed a couple months back, I decided that new cars weren't for me and went back to dailying my 91 244. While the car has TB provenance having being owned by MikeP and son, and schaff70 and daughter, I was bored of it. I bought it wrecked badly in the front...
  7. kyote

B230FT PCV confusion

So I've never really had a factory ish turbo redblock before. The one I now have has a flame trap set up similar to a 240: breather box > flame trap > turbo intake pipe. It is also connected to manifold vacuum. This feels incorrect. Should there even be a flame trap? Isn't the OEM way just...
  8. kyote

240 Best 240 Shocks/Struts... for... Comfort?

After years of being beat to death by stiffly suspended 240s, I am ready to have a cushier ride for my 2.5hr round trip daily ride. Bought a new 245 to build into what I believe to be my ultimate daily. If you were buying shocks, purely for smooth ride, which would you buy? I am officially...
  9. kyote

240 91 244 AC Condensor bushings

Anyone have a source for the rubber ac condensor mount bushings for my 91 244? These are also used to mount the pusher fan. Thanks!
  10. kyote

240 240 Ignition Cylinder Disassembly

How do I get teh ignition cylinder apart? To remove and or repair all locking pins? I just want to gut it out and have it function with a screwdriver or key... Alternatively anyone in Houston have a spare 84 ignition? :)
  11. kyote

240 Stuck Ignition Cylinder

So... My 84 240 has a stuck ignition cylinder. I've tried both of my OEM Volvo Keys, seems as if it just wont rotate. Sprayed it full of lock oil, tappa tappa tappa with a hammer, no dice. Anyone have a diagram of the ignition cylinder? Any fresh ideas? Cru****?
  12. kyote

240 m46 overdrive woe, help a brother out

So I've got this 240 right, m46 car. Relays both click, fresh fluid, clean screen, no overdrive. About to go cross country, an extra 5 mpg would be nice. Consistent 25-26 is good, 30 would be better. Any quick fixes?
  13. kyote

Putting a little Baja in the Baja Wagon

So, I spent $65 at the local llantes usados mexicano chop and bought and had mounted a pair of Goodyear Wrangler A/T 235/75R15 tires. And Beat the fenders with me trusty sledge till they fit :) Hay. Sup? Dat ass Rake Deuce Deuce to the haterz!
  14. kyote

CB Installed, Hitch Installed, New Exhaust!

Did more work on the wagon today. Temporary Magnet Mount Antenna, buying a Wilson 5000 from wingnutty soon. Radio Mounted Hitch and exhaust, as well as my ill gotten work mat :-P MAGNAFLOW, courtesy of crazychopstick Tip given to me by my buddy Zach, off of a Harley :nancy: Sound...
  15. kyote

240 Fuel Tank Leak!

84 245 Fuel tank is leaking from the drain plug. I tightened it as much as possible, no dice. It's not a bad leak, but leaks a 4-6" spot in a parking spot. Is there some sort of washer that can be replaced or added under the plug? What can I do?
  16. kyote

$50 245 Update

So, I've been driving the wagon for the past 2 weeks, after months of sorting out issues since I got the car over the summer. Put some Virgo's and decent tires, LH 2.2, new main pump, new/used brakes and pads, resonator delete, new/used AW-71 from lile's wrecked 244, gray/black pleather back...
  17. kyote

Foamy Coolant?

Fine foam in the coolant, wtf? No milky oil. Pull the small hose at the top of the radiator, beer foam like looking stuff comes out. Did a search, all irrelevant.
  18. kyote

240 Moving back seats?

As you may or may not know, I am of huge stature (6'6"). How can I move the driver's seat back further than max rear adjustment? My knee is right in the center section of the dash, and it is most uncomfortable. Thanks in advance.
  19. kyote

The Final Solution

...to your 240 Taillight woes! Never be betrayed by a janky ass bulb holder again whilst riding dirty!
  20. kyote

Rolling Magazine Scan Request

So, come to find out I'm in an issue of Rolling Magazine. It's a picture of me wearing a stocking hat and an orange leather jacket holding up the Swedish flag on my 9' CB antenna. I am not a VCOA member and do not receive Rolling, but if one of y'all who do would be so kind as to scan that...
Back