• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. 1

Vintage Suggestions for clutch cable replacement 1970 142

Well on the way to work this morning my clutch cable broke about 6 inches from the clutch pedal. Bap-Geon has one for me on Monday for 31.00. It looks pretty straightforward as far as install but I was wondering if anyone can give advice or tips that will make the install go smoothly...
  2. 1

Volvo's in Snow

A few from over the years...
  3. 1

Vintage 1970 Volvo 142s Airbox Question

Hi, I have the factory airbox for the SU carbs and the snorkel that goes to fresh air but I'm missing the cold start/warmup box that goes between. Should I get one of these or is there something else I can put between them?
  4. 1

1958 pv444

That car is really clean, love it! If I ever bought another Volvo, it would have to be a 544/444. I'm sure you've seen this one before, but it shows how cool these cars are. Taken circa 1962 in Reading, PA during the "Reading Road Races" out at the airport, those days are LONG gone.....Great...
  5. 1

Why can't I post attachments in OT?

Just wondering why I may post attachments in every other area of TB but not in OT. Is that a rule for everyone or did I do something wrong?
  6. 1

Vintage Spark Plug Wire Recommendations for B20

Have a '70 142S with B20, and the car has developed a sputter under load (almost sounds like a Subaru). While car is running, pulled one wire a time and put back on spark plug noting change in idle and #3 cylinder didn't seem to change idle at all. The spark was not blue, but orange/yellow when...
  7. 1

Installing ECU and ICU with Fred's Chips

So I bought an Lh 2.4 ECU (560, w/EGR control) and matching ICU and Fred's Chips (Stage 2 fuel and ignition chips for Volvo 740) are installed. Car is '92 745ti w/ 15g, 14 psi, 90+ ported Exhaust Manifold, 2.5" DP> 2.5"spun cat>2.5" exhaust w/2 magnaflow mufflers. Car is awaiting RSI stage 1...
  8. 1

740 OD button on 92 745ti AW71

I like to use the OD button to either downshift out of OD to help the car slow down or hold it in "3rd" for acceleration, and lately the button works intermittently. The shifter seems a little on the loose side, and if I move the shifter up and down in the "D" position while pushing the OD...
  9. 1

The M40 is a pretty tough gearbox

Check out this guy beating the piss out an Amazon. B20 Weber power! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CzCO6ReTM8&feature=autoplay&list=UUi7qP3_xYs2JRu7X_WyjXpw&lf=plcp&playnext=7
  10. 1

towing with a 92 745 Turbo

I've been using the Suburban in my sig to tow our 2900 lb Shasta Airflyte 12 on trips, but I'm tired of getting 10mpg and then have to drive a 6300 lb boat anchor around once we reach our destination and disconnect the camper. So, I plan on selling the Suburban and putting the money into the...
  11. 1

Auto X at Va Beach this Sunday!

The SCCA Solo Auto X series is having their third event this season. It's free to attend, $35 for non-SCCA members to race, less for members (not sure how much). I'm hoping we can organize a TB get together around one of these events, but there's one every month and then the Tidewater Car Club...
  12. 1

Think This Turbo Will Fit my '92 745?

I think it will spool real slow, but man, when it gets going, I'll be all by myself in the 19000+ HP club! I'll also need someone to fab up a 36" exhaust system. Actually, I'm curently working on the USNS Gilliland TAKR 28 in Jacksonville, Florida. This is ONE of FOUR B&W Turbochargers on...
  13. 1

'70 142S 4-2-1 header with DGV intake manifold?

I've needed to replace my cracked exhaust manifold on my '70 142 for some time now. I have a replacement, but wanted to modify my 2-1 downpipe as per R-sport catalogue specs and into a 2.5" collector. As option #2 I am looking at a 4-2-1 header, but KGTrimning says that the header "won't fit"...
  14. 1

1985 740 TIC sun visor falls off

everytime my wife flips her driver's side sun visor down and swings it over to the side to block sunlight from shining in the driver's side window, the sun visor falls out of the mount that is bolted to the ceiling. I can shove it back up in the mount, but it doesn't stay. Any ideas...
  15. 1

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 Tires

Picked up a set of 4 of these with only a few hundred miles on them on CL. They rubbed on the outside edge on the front two, so the guy had to buy smaller tires. I got them for $120 for all four 205/55/15 for my '92 Wagon. Score or Suck? Reviews vary...
  16. 1

RSI stage 1 vs. IPD turbo cam

There's been a lot of discussion on cam choices between stock vs. aftermarket grinds, differences between RSI stage 1,2,5,etc. for various setups, but I can't seem to find a comparison between RSI vs. IPD turbo cam in the search features, so, here it goes... 1992 Volvo 745 B230FT, 158K, AW70...
  17. 1

Mad Props to Knox Motorsports

I'm going to take some pics this week and post in the showroom section, but I just wanted to go on record as saying that Lawrence and Billy at Knox Motorsports do fantastic work and I highly recommend them. I bought a 15g from Vince (thanks Vince!) and Knox installed a 90+ ported manifold...
  18. 1

SCCA Autocross Event 5/2 VA Beach, VA

http://www.odr-scca.org/content/view/12/31/ This Sunday. Free to watch, $30 for non-SCCA members, $25 for members. Pungo Airfield 1848 Princess Anne Rd Viginia Beach, VA 23456. You can even carry passengers around the course as long as everyone has on a helmet. Hope to see you out there!
  19. 1

IPD vs. Stahl Header on '70 142S w/B20

So I have crack across the number 3 cylinder runner on my exhaust manifold. Rather than take it off and repair it, or buy another stock manifold, I'm going with an exhaust header. It's a rebuilt B20 with about 4K on it, stock head, D-cam, stainless steel timing gears, Weber 32/36, stock...
  20. 1

'92 745 TIC might be time for a new turbo

92 745 B230FT AW71 150K stock except 2.5" exhaust Magnaflow cat, 4" round, 4X9 oval and K&N panel filter. The car is using about a quart of oil every 500 miles:wtf: It's not leaking that much, and I don't see smoke on startup or decel, so I'm thinking the turbo is shot. That being said, I plan...
Back