• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. J

John Lane's Fire Breathing Monster info & pics

Bump for those interested in shens from years ago. Car got sold. House in Lynden got sold. We’re now 1600 miles South. I’d like to have the rallycar again but life continues to be in the way.
  2. J

Looking to get 285-300hp at the flywheel N/A on my 88 245DL, any cam, piston or other internal recommendations? Bolt ons as well!

Any discussion of N/A power needs to also consider the junk behind the engine. M-46 or M-47 will not live long. First gear is good for ten feet with a HUGE gap between second and third. Options are plentiful and add to cost/complexity of the project. For many dropping 300+ hp of LS and...
  3. J

Sander's 6.0 V12 745 project

Sander.... Congratulations at fatherhood! Shop space looks good. Here’s hoping you are able to find time to make the bent-12 yell.
  4. J

Over a year without a peep from our friend. I hope that all is well.
  5. J

The great 240 AC system information dump + How to improve AC performance

Compressor is not moving enough refrigerant to get cold or the system is undercharged. Is the high side too hot to touch out of the compressor? It should try to burn you when you touch it. High side ambient after condenser? It should still be pretty hot if enough refrigerant is getting...
  6. J

Amazon Suspension for Rough Use

It has been a long time ago and Dave did that work. I’ll take your word for it. The plastic white in color and acted as Teflon under the car. Much quieter while driving as the rock spray doesn’t ring after hitting the plastic as it does when hitting steel of the car.
  7. J

My first AW71 rebuild. Improvements too.

It has been a LONG time ago but when I went through them I replaced the thick steel apply guts with more clutches and steels. Those transmissions lived behind pretty tame engines and did well.
  8. J

Amazon Suspension for Rough Use

Big sheet of 1/8” or 1/4” thick HDPE attached to all of underside of the car. 3/4-1” rivets in heavy stainless to attach it to the car will keep the underside of the car from being worn away. Wrap it up to bottom of doors for best effect. The more effort you put into shielding fasteners...
  9. J

Are all M46’s the same?

They are all weak and will break if any power is applied. Stock naturally aspirated power driven gently will not break them. Those with a J type overdrive will break the mainshaft at the input to the overdrive. P-type overdrive uses a bigger mainshaft that doesn’t break but then you will...
  10. J

Brand new '81 262C Bertone Coupe . . .

Tom.... Best wishes taking care of your bride.
  11. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

We can thank the Frenchies for the bent six. Bummer that just about the time lubricants started to come of age and it got a nice forged even-firing crankshaft Volvo gave up. Could so easily have been a beast as basis for a turbo car. Of course Volvo didn’t really want to shake the stodgy...
  12. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

Different timing curves... so long as it doesn’t ping.... Win! I never got that far because programmable management. There sure is room for improvement in ports. I always got rid of the lump in the exhaust port that was left over in casting that in 1976 was used for the air pump to...
  13. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

Did you scare up a 1975 B30 distributor cap?
  14. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

I never got a ‘performance cam’ to work worth a damn in a PRV six. Whomever cooked up the grind missed something important with all three flavors tried. This has been 30 years ago.
  15. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

Hydraulic ramp says you need to be using hydraulic adjustment. Mechanical rockers will make the devils own noise. You will have a nice runner with MS.
  16. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

Using the even firing block and crank says you use even firing cam gears. If you offset grind the odd firing crank you use odd firing cam gears. I prefer even firing pulses. Be sure the crank grinder removes material from the counter weights and balances the rotating assembly...
  17. J

3.0 PRV -B280E cams?

Reground cams will have lobe centers that change rocker arm geometry. Beware! huge wear will happen. Been there... done that. An engine that chews up cam lobes will have iron everywhere in the engine. Put some effort into seeing to it this does not happen. I have never used E cams. I...
  18. J

Overheating when sitting still with AC on

With an warm climate fan clutch the radiator fan does a lot more work. The add-fan in front of the radiator should only be coming on at idle when hot out. If it needs to run often you don’t have enough radiator.
  19. J

Volvo 244 diesel to volvo 240 turbo racing car

OP there is a sticky that covers any and all. Search is your friend. Many smiles to be had with a force-fed engine. Broken drivetrain parts await! Enjoy your project.
  20. J

No doubt Sander is in the middle of the busy season..... Here’s hoping he is still interested in the 120 in 700 project.
Back