• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. J

0-10 bar oil sender for GT gauge set

Hey guys and gals... My GT gauge set uses a 0-10 bar oil pressure gauge. Need a sender... Somehow I have several of the 0-5 bar senders... None-zip-zero-nadda 0-10 bar senders. Question... Any of you tried the 0-10 bar senders offered by Pegasus et al? Can't get the gawdamned IPad...
  2. J

Dreaded DL driveshaft vibration cured!

Yup.... The '80 242 DL that came with an M-45; two smalls and a medium. Played each and every one of the games with it to chase off the 'DL Driveshaft vibration.' All to no avail. Well as if by magic.... Upon giving it the even-firing 3.2 liter six with an AW-71 behind it and large...
  3. J

WWD guys.... Crankcase box question

Guys..... it is an '04 2.5 turbo thing with the crankcase vent box on the front of it.... Plugged up; about a pound and a half and wanting to pour all over the damned place as I pull it out of there.... The drain guy into the block down low is utterly plugged up.... It had the Milkshake in it...
  4. J

XC70 Noob questions

Hey guys..... Looking for pointers. How does one get the inside door panel off of an '06 XC70? A r/r door.... I don't want to be breaking things Also..... Any pro-tips for doing a timing belt in one? Engine is the turbo-5 I'm planning on giving it the water pump and thermostat + oil...
  5. J

2001 S-60 surging idle

Hey Pros....... Client's 2001 S-60 with 2.4 turbo engine has a surging idle. Idling just fine and varies 100-200 rpms up and back to normal. Usually several seconds between surges. 'It has been well maintained by XYZ' who did so well that it had 1/4" of what looked for all the world to be...
  6. J

2001 S60 alternator R&R question

Hey you fellers who work on the WWD cars more then I......... I'm working on an '01 S60 with 2.4 turbo... Alternator is dead-dead-deadski. I've got all the fasteners out such that it moves about freely. SOB has many sharps! How best to sneak the alternator out? If I need to drain...
  7. J

DL Driveline rumble.

Hey Guys....... I searched and find only grumbles about how we deal with the dreaded DL Driveshaft rumble. The 1980 242 DL that was Mom's is going to get some attention....... As I understand it we solve this with changing the length of rear suspension torque rods. Would any of you...
  8. J

Wheels to clear brakes for the rallycar.

Greetings fellers.... Sellholm goodness is in the front of the Volvo. Fancy 50mm Bilstien struts with the 'Ambulance' spindle (looks the same + gold color and price!!). Coil over arrangement with 350lb/in springs + helper springs for when I get big air doing those hero jumps in the...
  9. J

Hey Thomas

P/M me if you would. John Lane
  10. J

T-5 clutch solution........

Hey Boyz and gurlz....... Those of us with the T-5 and more poke then standard are aware of your clutch....... I just gave one of our own's Volvo a 245mm clutch with a plate and disc that should be good for 400 horses....... This required having the flywheel redrilled for the new bolt circle...
  11. J

Hornets in Monroe

Hey guys.......... The penultimate Hornetrace of the year happens this Saturday night in beautiful Monroe Washington at the Evergreen Speedway www.evergreenspeedway.com ........... Will John Lane recieve the kiss from the (mostly) Toothless Trophy Girl? Will the horrible old rat 242 Turbo...
Back