• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Sinbad the Sailor

Coolant Sensor

On my way home from getting my car fixed (yay!!!:)) I was datalogging and I noticed that my CLT was way off and causing warmup enrichment during normal driving. So I had to turn off the warmup enrichment as it was running way rich but that is just a temporary fix. I have this CLT Bosch...
  2. Sinbad the Sailor

So what is it now??? (Video)

I finally got time to jack up my car and take a look at my clutch cable. I took off the cable and here is a video of what I found in regards to my clutch fork. <embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"...
  3. Sinbad the Sailor

They say my clutch is dead

For the last week I have had problems getting the car in gear. It has been getting steadily worse. Yesterday with the pedal all the way to the floor it will not go into 1st or reverse unless I turn the car off or speed match the gears. I had to drive to school and just when I got there I...
  4. Sinbad the Sailor

Strut Brace

I just picked this up from the JY. It's kinda hard to see but it is flat in the middle and then angles down to where it mounts on the strut. Is this design going to be a problem? I remember reading somewhere that the bends will act as a sort of "shock absorber" allowing motion between the...
  5. Sinbad the Sailor

How do my maps look?

I've been tuning this for a while and it runs pretty good but I think I should be able to get better fuel economy out of it. Also how can I upload my datalog? It's like 2MB (3 hrs of driving) Let me know what I can do. Thanks
  6. Sinbad the Sailor

Turn signal relay

I just switched to a JY relay and now the RH turn signal flashes fast like there is a bulb out but their isn't and the LH one flashes normally. The only thing that I can think of is for some reason the turn signal is wired to the same bulb as the parking light but this happens with or with out...
  7. Sinbad the Sailor

240 Rust Repair

While I was giving the car a thorough cleaning today I noticed a little rust around the "drain plug" in the driver's footwell. So I pull the plug up and it looks like it busted loose during my winter in UT and got some nice salty water in under the sound deadening. So it looks like the whole...
  8. Sinbad the Sailor

240 Plastic Pieces

I was at the JY today getting some interior parts and I was wondering if I could get some clarification. The plastic pieces that go here... Here... And here (Behind where the seat belt is) Pay no attention to what I am trying here! Is there different colors? I know that there is tan...
  9. Sinbad the Sailor

Removing Headliner from a 244 (with sunroof)

Read the Whole Article Before Attempting as there may be some procedures that you do not wish to attempt!!! All standard disclaimers apply. It's not my fault if you mess it up. (I don't think that there is much difference between removing the headliner from a car with a sunroof as opposed to...
  10. Sinbad the Sailor

What will fit?

I have a 16t on my car now but I fear the seals blew due to a mistake on my part installing it. I want to leave the exhaust housing on and just swap the cold side and center cartridge until I can get the turbo rebuilt. So I was wondering what would fit into the 16t exhaust housing? A 15g...
  11. Sinbad the Sailor

Rubbing on the wheel well

I had my car up on the lift at school and saw that the driver's side inside sidewall of the tire is worn down and there is a shiny patch on the wheel well. For a while now I noticed that going into parking lots I would hear a squeak from the rear, but I have no idea what would allow the wheel...
  12. Sinbad the Sailor

16t actuator thread size

The bolt that holds the wastegate actuator to the compressor housing fell off and now it is just resting up against the alternator so I need to know the thread size so I can go get me a bolt to fix this before anything bad happens.
  13. Sinbad the Sailor

Occasional Smoke

I installed a 16t with ss oil lines and it had problems leaking oil and would give the occasional smoke cloud from under the hood so I found out about a week after that the return line had kinked. So I straightened the return line and the under hood smoking problem stopped. But now if I keep a...
  14. Sinbad the Sailor

LC-1 and Megatune/Megatunix Problems

I just got the exhaust finished and mounted and put the wbo2 back in the pipe and first megatune would only get random signals from the lc-1. So I did a free air calibration and opened up logworks to see what the o2 sensor was saying. It said that at idle my afr was 11.6 :omg:. So then I...
  15. Sinbad the Sailor

How bad is this?

When I was getting the exhaust done today I noticed that the return line for my turbo is kinked. The hose is too long and the bend is folding it over on itself. I didn't have time to fix it today and I have been running it like this for a few days so my question is how bad is that? Today I...
  16. Sinbad the Sailor

MPG gains from adding 'n Spark (MS)

I was wondering how much mileage I could expect to gain from adding spark to the system. I am driving 900+ mi on Saturday and would like to get upwards of 20 mpg with a fully loaded car but I am hesitant to mess with a non essential mod before a big trip. Right now I get 20-21 hwy with an...
  17. Sinbad the Sailor

Decel popping (N/A sucks)

I just installed a 16t on my 240 and didn't have time to get the exhaust done before work. So driving to work I notice that when fully letting off the throttle and engine braking the exhaust will pop. Does that mean that I am running too rich? I don't have my WBo2 hooked up right now as I...
  18. Sinbad the Sailor

Help with 240 Air Conditioning

I am looking for input on how to go about getting good AC for my 240. I know that everyone ditches theirs for the performance benefits but I am looking for creature comforts here. I am planning on pulling the entire AC system from a 91-93 240 with the system already converted to r134, but I am...
  19. Sinbad the Sailor

240 Driveline Problems

For about the last week I have been having a problem that is getting steadily worse. When accelerating I get vibration around 40 and then again around 65 and if I go faster than 65 it gets really bad. I don't think that it is the tires because there is almost a knocking sound that goes with...
  20. Sinbad the Sailor

SS Brake lines

With how cheap you can get this make at a hose shop why do people buy them from ipd? I know that there is the laziness factor of not wanting to do it and being able to just open the box and slap them on. But this is tbricks has no one made their own? Are the fittings hard to find? What is...
Back