• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. ibcmoore

Vintage 1967 220 with a B20

I finally cracked into it to see what the damage is...LOL...making room for a B20 rebuild on my plate...it's the warden's car so I'd like it reliable but a little north of "stock" for fun... I'm sticking with the twin SU's as they just need a rebuild/polish...the head has double-valve springs...
  2. ibcmoore

240 1989 245 turn signal relay

1989 245 turn signal relay: ***FIXED*** Hey all, Getting my wife's wagons' electrical gremlins sorted. I changed the hi/lo-beam dip relay under the hood, the main headlamp relay under the drivers kick panel and the turn signal relay at the drivers right-side kick panel. All is good except...
  3. ibcmoore

240 '88 244 GL failed Cali smog again

[/URL][/IMG] Two years ago, it had high NOX and needed a new cat. Replaced with a new cat + a JY AMM and air filter at the time. The car runs pretty well. I use Chevron 91 when I can but it usually gets Shell 91. Anyone else pull similar numbers? If so, what was your solution? Thanks...
  4. ibcmoore

240 OBD Code 2-1-2: O2 sensor

Hey Gearheads, The wife's '89 245 (LH 2.4, auto) had the "check engine" light kick-on so I started diagnosing. The OBD unit gave only the one code: 212. 3-4 months ago I replaced the O2 sensor and the light did reset. The car still runs great but has to pass emissions. This model year does not...
  5. ibcmoore

240 Side mirror removal

All my mirrors are looking pretty ratty, faded & dull. I'm in the middle of the '88 244GL's interior swap and figured now's the time to get to them:nod:. I'll be painting them black again with aerosol plastic paint (bumper trim stuff). What's the best way to remove them without messing...
  6. ibcmoore

Our Volvo Stable

Fixed it... The recently acquired 1967 122s My wife's DD My DD Our son's DD The first 244 the wife and I got together
  7. ibcmoore

'67 122s

The wife and I recently got one and it's cool. B18, 4-speed with OD, single Weber DCOE carb. It has new plugs, wires, rotor, points, dizzy and blue Bosch coil installed by previous owner. I screwed something up "cleaning" with Engine Brite and then misting with water. She would crank...
  8. ibcmoore

'88 245 sending unit

I mounted a new UK-made pump (ipd) into the assembly, no problem. I went to re-wire the terminals atop the pump and found the positive side had the wire broken at the base tab. I went to solder it but can't get it to bond. When manufactured, I can see they actually fished the wire through...
  9. ibcmoore

'89 244 Timing Question

Car: '89 244, LH 2.4, AW70, 200K+ miles... I just replaced the motor mounts in my son's car as they both were completely shot. The passenger side was riding so low, the oil filter was braced-up against the mount (whew). As expected, the engine had a lot of movement when running, with loping...
Back