• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. blu92in99

volvo 940/960 - dash & D-pillar speakers?

Those of you out there in Volvo-land with a 940 or 960 (and 91-92 740); what speakers did you use for the dash location when upgrading? (I'm thinking they're 3.5" but honestly haven't had the grilles off in quite some time so making an assumption here) If you have a 945/965 with the factory...
  2. blu92in99

Antenna booster?

Okay, so FM reception in the 945 is good but not fantastic. It's a '95 so it has the antenna in built into the left rear quarter window. I love the clean lines of not having a traditional antenna poking out, so swapping out to the older setup (even though reception is better) is not an option...
  3. blu92in99

The new Daily D [aka 95 945Ti]

In my never ending quest for the perfect daily driver, I decided to sell off the '89 745Ti and step into a '95 945Ti. I'd been looking up and down the west coast for a nice example of a 93+ 945T for some time when I found this one for sale up in Oregon. Even better, it was white over...
  4. blu92in99

Davis 2011 "who's crashing at my place" thread

Figured I should start a thread so I cease cluttering up the Davis hotel thread. For those of you crashing at my house, or thinking about crashing here...please shoot me a PM and/or post in this thread. So far I've heard from: - bigbret - wagonfetish - MagnumTE (+ Kyoko?) - Obeharskad122s...
  5. blu92in99

VTO "classic 8" in 5x108

Not to undercut iPd, but from these guys it's $80 cheaper per set, plus they have free shipping going on right now. Not sure if iPd does this either, but this place is including a set of chrome lugnuts for free as well. 15x6 ET24, 5x108. Nice RWD wheels IMO. Limited time offer according to the...
  6. blu92in99

FPR recommendations (B20E)

The stock FPR in my 142E is on its' last legs, so I'm hunting for a replacement. The stock one on my '71 is a simple, 2-port design; one inlet port (from pump), one outlet port (to fuel rail). Mounts to firewall. Stock design also has no vacuum/boost reference provision (no vacuum line port). I...
  7. blu92in99

NorCal BBQ pics

A small gathering in one of the local parks today; about ~12-14 Volvos total throughout the day, probably ~25-30 people, 4 dogs, and 2 non-Volvos. Kevin brought his Dodge pickup so he could bring the BBQ to the park, and Lanny simply pussed out and brought his Miata. :rofl: Here are the pics...
  8. blu92in99

NOW WITH A POLL NorCal, Sacto area BBQ?

Been saying for a while now that we need to get all of the local 140s together for a photoshoot, but why negate the other models eh? The more the merrier I say. :-D I know that there are other meets in the works for the NorCal area, but I don't always want to be driving ~2 hours just to BBQ and...
  9. blu92in99

'89 745Ti - the Craigslist special

So I bought another one damnit. Yes, a Volvo. I went and bought a '89 745Ti this evening. M46. Turns out the original owner was the proprietor of Motorsport Dynamics, it was the company parts runner. :lol: When he died he left it to his kid, who later sold it to his friend (the guy I bought it...
  10. blu92in99

Vintage '71 140 fuel gauge Q

Anyone know what ohm range the fuel level sending unit is? Looking to replace the stock fuel gauge, need to know if it's 240-33, 10-180, 0-90...or something else?
  11. blu92in99

Vintage Addco 140 swaybars p/n#

Just an FYI for those of you out there who may want aftermarket swaybars in sizes other than available through iPd, or the ability to mix-n-match to further 'fine tune' your suspension setup. (or if you just don't feel like paying $365 for a set of swaybars) The addco bars are available in...
  12. blu92in99

Vintage Bilstein HD p/n? 140

Anyone know of a valid Bilstein HD p/n# for the rear shocks, for an early 140? The p/n on iPd's website 'B460300' doesn't show as valid, even on the Bilstein catalog '0300' didn't return any results. I even tried F4-B46-0300-H1 and had nothing come back. :e-shrug:
  13. blu92in99

Vintage D-Jet connectors & boots

Just an FYI to those of us still using this antiquated system. I found some connector boots & injector/ECT/IAT connectors. Boots - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370325527773 Connectors - http://www.injector.com/electricalcomponents.php I haven't had any luck...
  14. blu92in99

Vintage B18/20 timing gear sets

Who here has used timing gears on their B18/B20, outside the realm of the normal fibre set? I know, the steel timing gears are the 'ultimate' for durability and strength, but what about the aluminum cam gears? Specifically, the Cloyes #2032S timing gear set? (aluminum cam/steel crank gear)...
  15. blu92in99

Vintage Adding foglamps...

I've asked this of Daniel Stern and the Bricklist, waiting on responses now. But I'm also wanting a few more opinions, so here it is. I'm looking to add some foglamps to my 142E. I've liked the looks and 'performance' of the Hella 500 in the past with my Jeeps, so I've considered them for...
  16. blu92in99

Vintage CSI flow rate question

Anyone on here know what the flow rates are for the following Bosch cold-start injectors: #0280170010 (D-Jet) #0280170100 (K-Jet) ...FWIW, the only physical difference between the two is the style of electrical connector it utilizes. cheers
  17. blu92in99

Picked up a 142E yesterday...

Drove down to Stockton and bought this lovely '71 142E for $1200. I had it towed the ~25 miles home (tags expired ~9 months ago :grrr: ), but it fires up and idles decent, aside from the cracked exhaust manifold. I bought it from the second owner, who had only owned it about a year. 166k...
  18. blu92in99

'95 850 passenger front seat

Retrofitting a power set? Ok, so the passenger front seat in my '95 855 turbo came as a manual seat from the factory. I want to install a power seat in its' place. Is the wiring there in the main harness already? I've looked under the seat and the harness that goes to the seat currently only...
  19. blu92in99

For Sale forum idea

Just bouncing an idea here, feel free to add in your $0.02 at will... Why do we allow just anyone to create threads in the For Sale forum? Why couldn't we just limit it to contributing members? I know, VS has done it and lots of people bitch & moan over it. :roll: But the old addage "spend...
  20. blu92in99

AW71 to M47 (7/9 series)

This is for an LH2.4 car ('91). So...is there anything I should know beforehand? I searched but didn't come up with anything. Perhaps some of you intarweb geniuses could find more, who knows. I already have the LH2.4 flywheel, stg1 Spec clutch kit, an a short-throw shifter. A new trans mount...
Back