• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. cosbySweater

(Not*) Mediocre 242

I am using stock ones currently even though they leak ive been meaning to put a newer style 940 tank on there but both of my 240s will randomly push coolant. The om606 wagon has the double stacked o ring in the cap and it seems to be fine. The ls 242 will randomly do it, I can beat on it and...
  2. cosbySweater

(Not*) Mediocre 242

all of my volvo expansion tanks have leaked. i double stacked gaskets inside a green cap and it has solved the issue so far.... what head gasket are you using the cometic or athena style?
  3. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's 242 Daily Driver. PROJECT GRANDPA

Replaced the door seals and window regulator. Other then that haven't had to really do anything to the car at all. I'm going to do the oil change on it and head to Davis for the meet this weekend with it!
  4. cosbySweater

(Not*) Mediocre 242

Are you using the stock Volvo expansion tank?
  5. cosbySweater

Looking for advice for rear coilovers ( 240/244 )

Yes and no the reason we did this is because at the time it was on the lifty father was in the process of assembling a 1964 suburban for a customer. It had a full custom chassis and everything on it. It had rear coilovers mounted exactly like this with a single bolt so we figured replicate the...
  6. cosbySweater

They were strange single adjustables and 225x10
  7. cosbySweater

I did this on my old car Made a mount on the frame rail for the top. If I were to do it again I would just cut a hole in the frame rail and slip the top of the coilovers in there
  8. cosbySweater

1979 242DL - Analog Motoring

So I just went through this shifter deal on my swap. There is a guy that makes shifters which are basically McLeod's from what I can tell but he has different offsets and they are extremely low profile. I did a adapter like you have and it would grab the boot and shove the car out of gear. I...
  9. cosbySweater

Crazy Bucking in 1st and 2nd (89' 245)

Maybe check your ignition system. I just went through this on my stick car, timing was jumping around at low speed and the car was bucking and jerking in 1st and second gear. I realize it’s lh2.4 but your timing can still technically be off, maybe check for a spun balancer or sheared cam pin or...
  10. cosbySweater

Engine Vac at idle too low, how to fine tune MS and B230

Man that was about 12-13 years ago. I’ll have to look and see. I believe it was a Unitek phase 4 cam (I think) and about the biggest valves you could possibly stuff into a 530 head. I want to say the exhaust valves were close to 0 lash. I bumped them up to .018 iirc and it was smooth as glass...
  11. cosbySweater

Crazy Bucking in 1st and 2nd (89' 245)

Is it a stick shift?
  12. cosbySweater

New phone, who dis? (alternatively, 5 cylinder turbo awd content)

That looks like you got the ole set the toe and let it go treatment. I’d be pissed too Especially at that price.
  13. cosbySweater

Engine Vac at idle too low, how to fine tune MS and B230

All your valves adjusted properly? My car with massive valves and a huge cam would do around 10-12inhg at idle in gear. When my valve adjustment was too tight it would idle with almost no vacuum at all.
  14. cosbySweater

How do I switch to E85

i tried it on a non turbo car, completely stock lh2.4, filled the tank and reset the ecu. afrs were on point and i had no problems. im sure the duty cycle was up there but nothing ever got damaged
  15. cosbySweater

How do I switch to E85

lh2,4 can run it fine in stock form. fill the tank up and reset the ecu and drive it
  16. cosbySweater

New phone, who dis? (alternatively, 5 cylinder turbo awd content)

If the only reason you're buying a new vehicle is for the warranty, then you should probably not buy a new vehicle. Expecting the manufacturer to do the right thing is just silly at this point expecially with VW. I got super lucky and both of my VWs got bought back, they are a pain in the ass to...
  17. cosbySweater

IPD Billet Cam Concerns - 2024 Edition!

I was about to say looking closer at the pictures it looks like a cast cam.
  18. cosbySweater

IPD Billet Cam Concerns - 2024 Edition!

Hasn't this happened a few times already with this ipd billet cam? I think sam had one that wrecked shims too
  19. cosbySweater

Brakes build pressure, junction box dripping 1988- 240

The fluid does not travel through the center of the brake octopus. Just like on the non abs later block. Even with the factory setup if there is fluid bypassing through the middle you have a issue with a circuit or the octopus itself
Back