• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. R

240 Turbo ecu in a n/a 240

I have just rejoined the Volvo family with purchase of a super slick 89 244. I got a extra good deal on it because of some intermittent drivability issues. I have now had some time to tinker with the car and have come to the belief that most, if not all, the car's problems can be attributed to...
  2. R

Injectors stuck open

I got off work early so I tore into my 1992 240 to find the miss that had recently started when the car was at idle. After the usual process of elimination i discovered that #4 injector did not seem to be firing clean, it seemed to dribble with no clear pattern. I grabbed an injector off the...
  3. R

Electricial system help needed

Last week the readings of the temp guage in my 1992 240 became erratic, sometimes creeping up almost to the red then falling back to normal after a bit. I have driven the car for 5 or 6 thousand miles and the temp guage needle has been steady at the 9:00 position. I checked under the hood and...
  4. R

Quick fuel pump question

Will a bad intank fuel pump or a small leak in the fuel system before the main pump result in a low fuel pressure reading at the injectors? My 92 240 runs a little rough at high rpms and I am begining to suspect a fuel problem but hate to pull the fuel pump without confirming this idea. Any...
  5. R

Garrett Rebuild Kit

Can anyone direct me to where I can purchase a rebuild kit for a garrett turbo. I seem to recall a post that leads me to believe that these kits are available but a quick search here and on my usual parts providers sites have not turned anything up. Thanks in advance. Rick
  6. R

Transmission mount, just a thought?

The transmission mount in my 92 244 is shot and I do not think I can get one out here in the sticks on a Saturday. So the question is this, the transmission mount is a fairly simple type of rubber mount, so has anyone ever used a different kind of mount just to get by untill I can get one...
  7. R

OD Testing

Is there any way to test the overdrive unit on a M46 before I install it. I am going to drop one in for a friend this weekend and we don't know anything about the tranny. I am not to worried about the gear part, I can look at it if I want to.
  8. R

Help removing gearshift PLEASE

I am droping a M46 out of a 84 240 diesel and I need to remove the shifter so the tranny can shift back and slide out of the clutch. Do I drive the pin out of the center of the rubber bushing at the bottom of the shifter or ????????????? Thanks, Rick
  9. R

Taillights gone wild, pls help!!!!

I am working on a 1986 244 for a friend of mine and there is a lighting problem that is driving me crazy. Here is what I have determined: 1. Ign. off with light switch on or off the taillights are on and very bright. 2. Ign. on with light switch off the taillights are on and very...
  10. R

FPR or injector problem?

The check engine light is on in my 91 940t, I pulled the code and it indicated an injector fault. This is the second time that this has happened, but the first time the light went of without any corrective action. Both instances that the light has come on have been when I started the car and...
  11. R

Heater Fan Warning

I have had the bad luck to need to replace the heater fan in 2 244s in the last two weeks. The first one went fine, took me about 4.5 hour and had no problems when finished. The second install was going fine until I attempted to replace the fans on the heater motor when I discovered that the...
  12. R

Volvo Pickup Truck

I have decided that I want a Volvo powered pickup truck. What I want to do is start with a compact pickup body, likely an Isuzu because I found one cheap, and drop in a Volvo engine and tranny. I have a 84 244 rust bucket with a solid drive train as a donor for the engine and tranny. I am...
  13. R

Fuel Pump Relay Question

I need a fuel pump relay for a 87 244 na and the only spare that I have is from a 82 or 83 I can't remember for sure, anyway my question is will the 82 fuel pump relay work for the 87? :e-shrug: The external configuration appears to be the same but when I took the covers off there are clearly...
  14. R

1984 B21FT-131hp but 1984.5 B21ft 162hp, What changed?

I ran across a 83 B21FT in a junkyard and was researching to see if it was a reasonable replacement for the motor in my 84 242T when I noticed the hp increase in the 1984.5 models. The books that I have don't tell me what changes were made that would explain the extra 30hp. Can someone tell me...
  15. R

82 B21F into a 84 B21FT

The motor in my 242 Turbo turned out to be shot so I went shopping at my local junk yard and came up with a 82 244 with a B21f in it. The car was wrecked in the back appeared to have been well maintained. Compression is good on all 4, no oil leaks, oil is clean, new plugs and new air filter...
  16. R

Sensor in PCV Hose?

My 940T with B230FT has a sensor where the pvc hose that crosses over the motor attaches into the intake hose that feeds the turbo. The wires for this feed from the same harness as the AMM wires. What does this sensor do? What will happen if I unhook it? While I am thinking about it can...
  17. R

New Poject off to a Slow Start

I pulled my next project, a 84 242FT, into the garage today. This car was sitting on the back row of lot and had not run in a while when I bought it so I didn't know what I was getting. First step was to drain the old gas and run enough fresh thru the system to clean things up a little...
  18. R

Blow off valve on 91 940T, or not?

I just got done putting a 230FT from 1988 760 into a 1991 940 and the turbo system is different. I went with the turbo system off the 91, I figured it would be less trouble not because I knew the difference. I have since been reading the discussions here on BOVs and have guessed that...
  19. R

Power Stage Amplifier

Has anyone had any problems with a power stage amplifier? If so, how did your car act?
  20. R

Injector Wiring?

I just installed a motor in a 91 940 Turbo and I don't believe that the injectors are firing. As I was investigating I discovered that both wires to all the injectors were hot when the key is on. OK have I screwed up the wiring or is this the way it should be.
Back