• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Otto Mattik

Brake calipers

Genuine, OE, OES, OEM And Aftermarket Online Volvo Car Parts Catalog
  2. Otto Mattik

New MAF, now runs retarded and kicks at 5k

Does a LH 2.2 760T have a "2.4" type power stage(mounted on fender near battery) ?
  3. Otto Mattik

Crazy Bucking in 1st and 2nd (89' 245)

You may need to have an assistant to do that properly.
  4. Otto Mattik

Advice on Rust/Rot on 240?

Suggest finding a cleaner body and make one nice car, from the best parts. Could you imagine going 65 mph and have a trailing arm, or a front control arm come loose ?
  5. Otto Mattik

Ok, was not sure what was going on in the photo.
  6. Otto Mattik

The green wire should not be plugged into the IACV, The IACV needs to have a Bosch type connector, that is crazy, the green wire looks like the AC switch wire( I don't see how that connector would fit on there ). Locate the IACV Bosch type connector(black and square shape) and plug into the...
  7. Otto Mattik

Some older models of 240's have fuel tank drain plug, I know none of mine have it. If you can drain the fuel, I would suggest, and pour clean to flush. Or dillute, if you cannot remove with a cheap suction device (I got one from a parts store under $15 including extra clear hose). On 2.4 you...
  8. Otto Mattik

Curious what you are welding ? (on a 240, typically hinges get bent from not being lubed, it's not easy to repair or straighten for several reasons, including metal fatigue, and sometimes just better to find a used hinge) cosbySweater mentioned ignition issues related to timing/mechanical...
  9. Otto Mattik

a) Plug gap should be .028" b) 1989 was the first year of LH 2.4, and timing is not adjusted by turning the distributor (you checked timing w/ a timing light ?) c) There are large hood hinge springs, and a shorter spring on the hood pin/saftey latch, neither should include welding, as all those...
  10. Otto Mattik

Brakes build pressure, junction box dripping 1988- 240

Volvo 240 Brake Warning Valve & Junction Box (1975-1989) Voluparts $79
  11. Otto Mattik

Suspension thoughts this time around. 1991 245

Ordered 13mm rear springs, but have not installed. Running used Billy HD's on the rear, which try to defeat the hop, but do not succeed. Hop only happens in the metro (glove box pops open, etc).
  12. Otto Mattik

Suspension thoughts this time around. 1991 245

On my 92 200 wagoon: REAR 'Swedish Parts'(?), 14mm HD's FRONT Lesjofors 14.2mm with 25(f) 22(r) sway bars. Overall the car handles quite well, and is fun to drive. Too fast over a speed bump may introduce an element of airborne quality.
  13. Otto Mattik

Vibrating 240

^^ the first thing that came to mind for me as well (worth checking)
  14. Otto Mattik

1992 Volvo 240 Fuel Pressure Test

Ok, but you mentioned 'still having trouble', was your voltage close to 1.4v ? * Yes the the accordion hose is stiff, you only want to 'tweak'(slightly squeeze) it a bit, before the AMM I assume?
  15. Otto Mattik

1992 Volvo 240 Fuel Pressure Test

Test the voltage of the AMM red/white wire with POS lead on your voltmeter, and you can ground the NEG lead to the battery. You should be looking for around 1.4v with key on(not running). You can report back your findings, and take it from there.
  16. Otto Mattik

Swapping out rear overload springs, stock spring questions

For whatever reason the majority of suppliers do no list nor give out wire diameter on coil springs:-)???:). In general on a 240, I've always heard 12mm is stock for sedan rears, and 13mm for wagon.
  17. Otto Mattik

Brake pedal goes down to floor

When you say you changed the master cyl and bled the brakes, did bleed the entire system ? The pedal goes to the floor in 2 ways: a) fluid leak b) air in system 240 - Brake Bleed Procedure? | Turbobricks - The Volvo Performance Community
  18. Otto Mattik

1991 745 soft brake pedal. That "sinking" feeling...

I had this happen on a 240, where the pass side caliper would not bleed even after removing the bleeder nipple. I tried wire, and a small cable but the bleeder route was plugged. I ended up replacing that caliper, with a used unit, then rebuilding both fronts. No problems after that, just left...
  19. Otto Mattik

Dead cylinder for the first mile

Is the smoke coming from the exhaust manifold ? If so, gasket leak or fluid dripping on the manifold ?
Back