• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Svenska_Monokrom

Odd cold start and idle Volvo 940

Hey guys, back with another volvo problem we cant seem to find the source of. Basically this 94 940+t brick we've had for a bit has been having very odd cold start behavior and idle. At cold start, idle bounces around a bit and noticeably idles low (Around 500rpm). And then when you do rev it...
  2. Svenska_Monokrom

Exhaust touches framerail... Causes issues

So this is another weird one for our 86 245. So imma start with a quick recap. -1986 Volvo 245 with a b230ft swapped from a 94 940. -2.5" custom exhaust with new cat, magna flow muffler. -No codes other than a running rich/lean code (with or without o2 sensor plugged in) -Trouble shooted crank...
  3. Svenska_Monokrom

Best shock for coilovers

Hello again, Ive been on the search for some nicely valved shocks for a while. Kept dealing with bilstiens dying on me and im trying to see if there are any more nicely valved shocks other than gaz and... well revalved bilstiens. Are there any other companies that make shocks that are properly...
  4. Svenska_Monokrom

Suspension setups and ideas

Well I'm here with another random topic based around the annoyances I have my my 86 245. Currently up front I'm running the bne coilover sleeves with bilstien HD shocks and 250 lb coils. And then in the rear I'm running 940 bilstien HDs and 940 overload springs which I'm very aware is quite a...
  5. Svenska_Monokrom

Ebay Alternators?

Hey guys, So ive been in the market for a decent alternator upgrade/replacement and came across this interesting ad on ebay for a 140 amp (Bosch?) alternator for late model 240's but were unsure if something like this ever actually existed. It does say it is remanufactured so id guess that means...
  6. Svenska_Monokrom

240 Constant o2 sensor issues

So we have another weird curveball of an issue to get some advice on. So basically we're currently in the process of reffing my 1986 volvo 240 with a 1993 volvo 240 engine that we installed in place of my 1994 volvo 940 turbo engine... Basically the car keeps failing due to a faulty oxygen...
  7. Svenska_Monokrom

Stiff steering no matter what steering rack I put in

I'm sort of a noob when it comes to the steering systems on 240s but basically my 1986 volvo 240 has had annoyingly stiff steering since about a month after I bought it (almost a year now). I finally got around to changing the steering rack with a low miles one but after installing it, it's...
  8. Svenska_Monokrom

240 Bolts snapped off in block from engine mounting.

So I turn to here for some advice on this. So basically I have a failed engine mount, but the block of rubber itself isn't failed. The bracket that holds it in place I broke at the block. The bolts for that bracket snapped off and left the rest of them imbedded in the block. I'm just trying...
  9. Svenska_Monokrom

Random misfire and shutoff

Someone please help me figure out what's wrong with this thing. I have a 1986 volvo 245 with a 94 940 swap in it and it recently started misfiring quite violently and shutting itself off when it feels like it. The car will stay on if the idles stay high enough but if you don't Rev the engine on...
  10. Svenska_Monokrom

Electrical And Running Issues (Quick Help)

So 3 very quick questions so we have some starting points before we start working on our v70 t5 again. And any ideas help, were kinda trying to troubleshoot these issues. 1. What would cause a v70 to run perfectly fine until warmed up and then when it is restarted while still warm, it doesnt...
  11. Svenska_Monokrom

S/V/C Random no start and power issues

I'm aware that this is a mostly 240 forum but I have that one random question for a 1999 volvo v70t5. Im sure there are quite a bit of people who have dealt with them. So basically this is a v70t5, its had its engine swapped a few times now and now that we have a "properly running one" were...
  12. Svenska_Monokrom

Steering returning to center with force

So yet another issue with this new 940 I purchased, Basically the issue now is with the steering basically fighting you to return to center when turning. And when you let go of the steering wheel mid turn, it doesn't even consider doing it smoothly, it just instantly snaps back forward. The...
  13. Svenska_Monokrom

940 Volvo 940 random misfire in acceleration

So this issue started a few days ago and is continuing to get worse. Basically all the car does now of course after running for a while is misfire randomly apon acceleration and when idling. It'd be smooth and then misfire for a second or two and then go back to smooth. What we have checked...
  14. Svenska_Monokrom

S/V/C Coolant bottle not holding coolant on V70 T5

So at least from my pov, it doesnt seem very common for someone to post about a v70 on here but im well aware that people know alot about the whiteblocks. So heres my situation... So recently me and a buddy of mines did an engine change on a 1999 V70 T5 to a lower mileage engine and most of...
Back