• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Classic wagon vs Hundai Elantra

OK Got in touch with his insurance company. We'll see if they cough up some bucks to compensate me for loss of the vehicle. It's a Classic Edition!
I suspect we'll be seeing a "Volvo Appraisal Help Needed" thread in OT soon. :(

Looks like a hard hit.
Nice to hear your doing better every day.

I did have pain in my side but that has subsided. The hematoma on my right shin is steadily healing. But it's still large and ugly.

I've been presented with two cars to look at this weekend. A 91 245 w/120k miles gray with tan 5spd. The other is a 91 740T sedan auto only 83k miles. Red red red. gray interior. It's sounds like a super nice car but I've been in 240s for so long it's where I'm leaning but we will see. I like the power of the turbo. Just glad to have some good choices.
Don't drive the 740... If you do, you will forget all about 240s.

Hey there. Thought I'd update with some good news. Picked up a 91 245 5spd gray wagon. It's a good solid car, drives well. Looking forward to making it kind of an n/a GLT wagon like my old one. This thing runs really strong. I'll get some pics up here soon. 124k miles supposedly but you never really know nowadays if the car comes without any history. So I'm rolling again! :party: :gulp::volvo:

So, the insurance company appraised the car at 2100$. Minus the salvage value they are giving me 1700$ for a weathered old Volvo. I'm happy with that. They are also going to reimburse the tow for the car so all in all I will get around 2k$. I'm very happy with that and look forward to using it for the new car fixups needed.

So, the insurance company appraised the car at 2100$. Minus the salvage value they are giving me 1700$ for a weathered old Volvo. I'm happy with that. They are also going to reimburse the tow for the car so all in all I will get around 2k$. I'm very happy with that and look forward to using it for the new car fixups needed.
Considering the extent of the rust, that was a fair offer/settlement.

Hello Dave,

Just saw/read this last October news, and felt sad for the loss. Glad you've found a replacement, though.
Of course we don't know each other but you have always been such a generous commenter here to me, I just had to say hi and wish you only but the best. Hope this year is great for you and your new to you 245. Cheers!

Back