• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hello New here

P130Dave

My son and I are starting a new project. We have never done a complete custom build, so we are way in deep. 1966 Volvo 2dr rwdr P130 model with auto. The car is stripped to the shell. We are thinking of a b230 volvo or a whiteblock with CD009 6speed trans. We have the 230 in hand. We have a moderate hp goal of 300 with turbo. This, to say the least is a long term project.

Welcome aboard. That's a very ambitious project for a first one. Your going to be cutting the tunnel and the probably the inner fenders to fit all that. That will be a lot of fun in an Amazon. There's lots of info on the CD009 swap here and how to get the 300hp with a B230FT.

OK where are the pictures? You posted in Showroom and that's the picture section. lol.

Welcome aboard. That's a very ambitious project for a first one. Your going to be cutting the tunnel and the probably the inner fenders to fit all that. That will be a lot of fun in an Amazon. There's lots of info on the CD009 swap here and how to get the 300hp with a B230FT.

OK where are the pictures? You posted in Showroom and that's the picture section. lol.
new to the forum, tried to upload a pic but all I got was an expanded view of the picture.

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see another 122 owner on here.

Being an automatic car you may not need to cut the tunnel. Also @TR Conn put a B230FT in his 130 and I don't think he needed to cut the inner fenders but it was a tight fit. Unfortunately he doesn't have a build thread.
IMG_5249_zpso1glzdq2.jpg

For a whiteblock in a 122 check out stick70's build thread.

Finally reduced the size and got them to upload. Here are some photos of the car on purchase day and about two weeks in. She was a rust bucket.

Attachments

• Shell  copy.JPG
    Shell copy.JPG
    507.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Car on trailer copy 2.JPG
    Car on trailer copy 2.JPG
    879.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Stripped floor copy.JPG
    Stripped floor copy.JPG
    793.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Trunk cutout copy.JPG
    Trunk cutout copy.JPG
    580.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Looking empty copy.JPG
    Looking empty copy.JPG
    782.6 KB · Views: 10
Same color as @AndrewNance car, and a similar swap going in sounds like. I moved this thread here from Projects, but feel free to flesh out a thread in that section. This just felt like more of an intro post than a project thread.

Back