• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Joined the Beige Club - '78 242DL

You might (and probably will) hate me for this, but the motor is a no-go. I failed to realize that I'm moving to a garage-less apartment in less than two months :-(

NOS butteryness that showed up in the mail today:

DSC_2522.JPG

DSC_2521.JPG

The "as-stealthy-as-it-gets" wiper motor install eluded to above:

DSC_2523.JPG

The new clutch master placement -- just gotta unbolt the block off plate and it goes right on:

DSC_2527.JPG

The hydro pedal mounted in the pedal box & attached:

DSC_2526.JPG

Then to the scrapper it goes I guess. Anyone else want it?
Yes, we might be able to use it as a chumpcar motor? We still need to figure out how to mount an OHC engine, but that's the plan for October's race!

Car's looking awesome man! Do you expect to have it ready for IPDizzle's swap meet?

He wants to put a B21 in a 142. It will never work. The B21 wasn't installed there from the factory so there is no way to make it fit.

/Brickboard

Last edited:
Car's looking awesome man! Do you expect to have it ready for IPDizzle's swap meet?

Thanks! Dunno about for garage sale. I'd really like to have it driving by then. Need to call Bryan at M&B and bug him about my motor parts that he's had since January I guess.

very nice job cleaning up those wheels they look awsome

Thanks!

Just had a chat with the in-laws. They cleared out some room so I can take it after all! Provided Kyle doesn't have new dibs on it now, that is :)

Kyle has dibs because racecar.

I'd say Trevor is right, but....

Harald, you can have it. We're getting a motor/trans combo from Taylor.

Guess they don't need it :)

That motor/trans combo wouldn't happen to be that 2.5L penta motor now, would it? ;-)

Thanks for letting me know, Kyle :-D

Love this so far man...

Thanks!

I got distracted by a deck project last weekend.

So because of that I didn't do much on the car. Got back to it last night though and got more of the headlight and parking light stuff reinstalled. Got the switch back in, the harness for it untangled and got it all hooked up to the power block and new relay setup. Also fished out the wiper motor harness and shrinkwrapped it at the connector to tidy it up. Just need to grab a small grommet and drill a hole in the firewall right under the motor to push the wires through. I also reinstalled the firewall grommets I removed when painting the bay in all the holes that will remain unused. Oh, and also ordered all the clutch line stuff for the hydraulic conversion from Volvo.

Back