• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Volvo 240 Member!

Alvito

Hi guys,

Here is my car. 1983 Volvo 240 DL.

I can't wait to get it road ready before winter hits!

A few rust spots that need to be cleaned up.
16a74wm.jpg

Original KMs on the car!
301h94h.jpg

Awkward shot of the cockpit
2s14xt4.jpg

Big comfy blue seats, looking great!
14mvvb8.jpg

She's pretty! Would love an older 200 or 100 series car, and that mileage is ridiculously low. The dash top doesn't look cracked yet, either, which is remarkable! I also envy the hand-crank windows after a ton of electrical problems in my car (mostly involving corroded contacts on switches).

She looks well cared for. My interior plastic was sooo much worse than that when I got mine. If it weren't for buying a wrecked parts car I'd basically have no interior plastic left intact.
I really liked the models without the plastic trim at the bases of the doors, but unfortunately that makes rust a lot more apparent when absent so I've had to leave it on mine (I've had body work done, but that rust is just gonna come back eventually).

Also, blue fabric interior FTW! It feels like it's the hardest color to find new parts for, but I love it anyway (even though my armrest is tan cloth as a result).

Are you planning to tint the windows? That's probably the first thing I'd do if that were my car.

And is this Scarborough, England? Because if it's a Maine (New England) car, I'm astonished at how clean it looks (though that could also be due to the low resolution of the pictures). Guessing from the speedo units that you're in England, but the car's LHD so I'm conflicted. Could be Toronto, Canada, I guess?

Last edited:
Request the moderator to change your name to CoconutDaniel.

I know its your forum name everywhere. On here it should be CoconutDaniel.

Welcome to the board. This is better then the facebook group btw where every post is a video of an engine cranking and then "tell me why my car is making this noise".

May I suggest that you don't use it during the winter? If it truly only had 54K km on it, you probably want to restore it and turn it into a nice weather car. Find a later 244 or 245 (or a grampy series) to use as a winter beater.

Anyway, nice looker. Looks cleaner than my 242.

Back