• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

oil drain fitting preference

turbochimp

Any experience with the press in oil return fitting from either yoshifab or STS (or both!). Pros/cons? Thanks!

Last edited:
Any experience with the press in oil return fitting from either yoshifab or STS (or both!). Pros/cons? Thanks!

I can only speak about the Yosifab fitting. Its awesome!

My install went so easy I am going to do this on my newest project.

Yoshi don't mention this because people don't know how to go about things with out hurting themselves I guess, but if you warm the engine first for just a short time and then allow the exhaust to cool enough to where you can work on the car , having a warm block even makes the install easier. I put the fitting in the freezer ran the car for a few minutes, removed the old and cleaned the surface area as instructions said to. Then got my fitting out of the freezer , wiped away the moisture and frost , cleaned both surfaces areas with brake clean , put the lock tite on my fitting and barley had to even tap it in, but I had my mallet and was ready for it. I allowed my car to sit for a whole day after and 2500 miles later no leaks. So I am happy with Yosifabs fitting.

I made an adapter that's very similar to the STS one about 6 years ago, before they were even making them. It hasn't leaked at all, and it's so easy to install... it just slides in and seals with o-rings. It's been in and out a few times, and never a leak.
The STS one is stainless, uses viton o-rings, has a wrench flat machined in for loosening the hose... and it's very well priced.

I wasn't aware sts made a fitting, looks nice though.

I just finished installing the yoshifab fitting. Just a heads up if you have a 7/9 series, you'll need a 45 degree fitting at the block end of the hose to clear the oil filter.

I wasn't aware sts made a fitting, looks nice though.

I just finished installing the yoshifab fitting. Just a heads up if you have a 7/9 series, you'll need a 45 degree fitting at the block end of the hose to clear the oil filter.

I second that..you can have a straight fitting attached, but its tight. like rubbing on the filter tight. mine is currently straight, but 45 would of been better

Back