• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(formerly) The $700 1988 245

Wideband is in. Still need to wire in the oil gauge and lighting. Getting around 15:1 idling and cruising, around 11-12 at WOT.

OCc4RpYh.jpg

Also tried to figure out this doohickey. Loaded a 511 bin as a base but I couldn't get it to do anything other than sputter for a few seconds. Turns out I broke off a pin inside the socket on the ECU board, from the socket booster..

qgMeEP0h.jpg

Dealt with the old engine.

E5wLqmbh.jpg

ctq9J37h.jpg

New side project. 1990 240 M47 with goodies like IPD sways and e codes. Sat for almost 2 years and all I did was dump in some good gas and a charged battery. Fired right up and drove home.

Oh damn, I hope my +T is going to be smooth... :omg: Good score on the another wagon!

I want to ask about your steering issue... Mine did this once a few weeks ago, only for about a minute until i parked the car. When i headed home afterwards, there were absolutely no issues. :wtf:
Have you found out anything about this? I suspect its column/u-joints related, but what the heck?

Oh damn, I hope my +T is going to be smooth... :omg: Good score on the another wagon!

I want to ask about your steering issue... Mine did this once a few weeks ago, only for about a minute until i parked the car. When i headed home afterwards, there were absolutely no issues. :wtf:
Have you found out anything about this? I suspect its column/u-joints related, but what the heck?

The old rack on this car gave me some weird issues. I've since swapped it for a worn ZF rack from my old wagon, only issue with that is a little bit of play. The old rack was weird, it was like it had play in it but it took a little force to "move" I guess. So I'd turn into a corner and the wheels would turn the other direction a little bit, requiring me to turn the wheel a bit more to keep going in the same line.

Anyway, car has well over a thousand miles since rebuild and my only current issue is that it'll randomly "hiccup" for a split second, and the wideband will go dead rich. This happens like, maybe every few miles, at most.

Mines does that same crap it more frequent. I have been chasing and troubleshooting but to no avail. I believe it will be sorted out after the mega squirt goes in.

Mines does that same crap it more frequent. I have been chasing and troubleshooting but to no avail. I believe it will be sorted out after the mega squirt goes in.

It just started happening a few days ago. I haven't done any troubleshooting (Or fixing existing problems) because of the cold. Plus the wagon I just bought needs work as well. It drives okay, but there's a killer intermittent whine, needs a motor mount, and the brakes are awful. The pedal goes almost to the floor and I don't think the front right brake does anything at all. (The left will lock up if I stand on the pedal.)

Oh, and I stole the ecodes off the new wagon for the turbo. They're way better than the plastic ones, but they could benefit from better wiring. And I've never been able to get LEDs to work on all 4 blinkers. I've tried a couple "LED friendly" relays which just straight up don't work.

I'd kill for a heated garage.

Last edited:
I had a reman MAF that caused weird reading on my WB gauge (lots of hunting for afr and what not, rich cruise) a cleaned Bosch junkyard unit did the trick.

I had a reman MAF that caused weird reading on my WB gauge (lots of hunting for afr and what not, rich cruise) a cleaned Bosch junkyard unit did the trick.

I was planning on cleaning mine. I have some extras I can try as well, and a 3 inch off a 960 that I haven't tried with the wideband yet.

Issues update. Shower me with brick knowledge.

I'm still having the random rich spike. I've cleaned the MAF and replaced it. Neither made a difference. Don't really know what to check next.

I've had to replace the FPR o ring twice already. I just can't get it to seat right so it eventually starts seeping. Is there a trick or..?

It's dripping oil off the subframe, under the turbo. I'll look into it tomorrow. Hopefully it's just the drain.

New clunking noise, over bumps and stuff. I kinda get the feeling that something is loose in the rear suspension. I also want to get those metal trailing arm joints and put in the IPD rear swaybar. Currently running 25/stock swaybars with poly bushings in the trailing arms.

Also if you find rear bumper trim in the Simsbury area.. $5 reward..

4NhQ3bHh.jpg

I've had to replace the FPR o ring twice already. I just can't get it to seat right so it eventually starts seeping. Is there a trick or..?

i've had success using Vaseline on this and my injector o-rings

New clunking noise, over bumps and stuff. I kinda get the feeling that something is loose in the rear suspension.

I had a clunking recently that turned out to be slightly loose upper shock bolts. just something to check for

Also if you find rear bumper trim in the Simsbury area.. $5 reward..

Funny you should mention this, the other day some dude in a big lifted pickup flew out of a parking space and clipped my bumper, cleanly pulling off the plastic shell and trim and somehow ran over the trim ruining it :(

nihW7SRh.jpg

Time for suspension bushings.

On my way to pick it up, I noticed getting out of second gear was hard if I floor it through said gear.. Might be time for M46 swap soon.

Replaced panhard and torque rod bushings, got Kalphenke solid trailing arm joints to install.
Did my M46 swap, now just needs OD wiring. Works great. Shifter feels way better without all that slop.
Also adjustable cam gear so I look like I know what I'm doing. And IPD skid pan, because underside bling.

1xIZ74ih.jpg

SwRjNCKh.jpg

Got sick of the crap side pipe and made a full 3 inch over-axle setup with a small glasspack and a Thrush Hush. I think it came out decent. I had to do over axle because my IPD bar doesn't have the exhaust hoopdedoop.

XrQhFKyh.jpg

RfxWSF3h.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5GVPM2Vn08s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That stupid filler neck clamp thingy was a pain and it leaked when I tried to fill it all the way. Any suggestions? Also the tank pump hose was torn.

New intercooler is a nice improvement. Gained about a pound of boost on the gauge after putting it in.

NgfBSDhh.jpg

Tried to go around turns quickly. It doesn't like to do that. Both my brand new poly sway bar bushings were ripped in half and clunking around after my first run.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AQwnqHyMc-w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back