• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 What is going on with the supply chain?

dl242gt

The world of the smiling Dogo
Well a friend just asked me to help him shop for rear suspension bushings for his 1990 245. So I go on FCPEuro and look up bushings. Some of the genuine Volvo ones I like to use are listed as discontinued?
For example the 1229714 rear trailing arm bushing genuine Volvo comes up as discontinued on FCPEuro. However, if I go to gcp.se they show the bushing as available and in stock. Are we getting misinformation or just a supply chain shutdown?

I've seen this with a lot of parts. From little stuff like the spark plug wire guides on the engine and now suspension bushings.

Support for old models really seems to be something alien to car makers now. lol.

Last edited:
I have discovered the same thing, the parts show available at GCP, but the dealer says they are NLA. FYI, I have seen Tasca incorrectly listing parts as NLA that my dealer could still order.

I have had the luxury of having to deal with some of the same Volvo parts people for the last 30 years, so I have a little pull.

So when I have run into this issue, I have been able to get the parts manager to contact Volvo corporate and they have been able to reinstate the number back into their system.

Well a friend just asked me to help him shop for rear suspension bushings for his 1990 245. So I go on FCPEuro and look up bushings. Some of the genuine Volvo ones I like to use are listed as discontinued?
For example the 1229714 rear trailing arm bushing genuine Volvo comes up as discontinued on FCPEuro. However, if I go to gcp.se they show the bushing as available and in stock. Are we getting misinformation or just a supply chain shutdown?

I've seen this with a lot of parts. From little stuff like the spark plug wire guides on the engine and now suspension bushings.

Support for old models really seems to be something alien to car makers now. lol.

Get the LEMF?RDERs and call it a day.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about getting 'genuine' on bushings if you know the oem. There are some things like gasket & seals that you want 'genuine' because the after market stuff isn't great quality.

Thank you. I wasn't craycray. There are lots of little stuff like the spark plug wire guides that make your car a Volvo and were better parts than other cars had. I have always liked how you could get that stuff from Volvo. I just used the bushing as the most recent example I've seen. I've been seeing this on the little cool parts for a while. You look at Tasca or Volvowebstore. The part is discontinued. Then look at gcp.se it's there in stock. The little clips and hardware. Plug wire guides like the round one. These were the ones you buy from Volvo and they were usually reasonable.

Guess I'll have to check with Eric and Ian. lol.

I ordered a rear windshield accessory sunshade for my 780 from Tasca a few years ago as it showed it as available on their site. I recieved an email a few days later saying it was now backordered with no ETA and they suspected it was NLA.....they recommended I remove it from my basket.

Fast forward 3 years and I just received one NOS in the Volvo blue box from Skandix in Germany, so they must still be available somewhere. (Says it is for 700s on the box, but there was an updated instalation booklet for 900s tucked in as well)

Maybe Volvo doesnt bother sending stuff to North America for older cars since we have a reputation for getting rid of cars after 5 years, whereas people are still driving older cars in Europe due to taxes and new car prices?

PS, for Canadians who are not already aware, Volvooftoronto.com sells wholesale to the public online. Prices are comparable to Tasca. I just ordered some 30 year old interior bits from them for the 780. Tokk a few weeks though as they had to come from Sweden.
Patrick

Now if they'd just bring back the $90 240 top strut bearings everybody was complaining about as 'too expensive' when they were still available.

I bought some of the upper mounts on ebay. they claim to be made in europe somewhere. The ebay seller is deutschepartsusa. I haven't used them yet but will be doing my struts in the near future and will post about it.

Back