• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chipping FAQ

Or switchable between Super-fast & "wife"-modus :-D
use a EBC :-P
Could be very useful indeed. Stock chips and stock boost or the chips combined with high boost. Maybe thats possible...

I am very interested in the solution for running E85 and normal gas. First i'll experiment with the normal chips, they seem to work great.

Now this is interesting stuf,... With large AMM do you mean 012 or bigger?
Yes. Since that will be needed whichever way you go. If you use 50lb/hr+ injectors you shurely must have a power goal in mind that goes beyond the stock AMM.

Or switchable between Super-fast & "wife"-modus :-D
Hehe :-P

use a EBC :-P
Could be very useful indeed. Stock chips and stock boost or the chips combined with high boost. Maybe thats possible...
More like tuned chips + stock boost and high boost, and/or the possibilty to switch ignition maps.

I meant steep in comparison with the value of the car it's for lol.

its prolly more than 25% the car's worth.

How many people would you need for a GB and what would be savings?

I meant steep in comparison with the value of the car it's for lol.

its prolly more than 25% the car's worth.

How many people would you need for a GB and what would be savings?
10 sets of chips (usually 10 buyers, which is stated in the group-buy thread).

And you will save $190 per chip package ($450 regular price, $260 group-buy price) by using the group-buy. Although I am known to be generous and letting people in on the same price if the group-buy just ended and they have decided that they really want it.

that would be worth it IMO, to squeeze out some more power in the NA daily driver...

will have a vx cam advanced 4 degreez prolly, along with freer flowing exhaust and what not...

do you mind if I maybe strike up a feeler thread on this?

that would be worth it IMO, to squeeze out some more power in the NA daily driver...

will have a vx cam advanced 4 degreez prolly, along with freer flowing exhaust and what not...

do you mind if I maybe strike up a feeler thread on this?
I was actually referring to the price of the turbo chips in my earlier post, not thinking that it was actually the NA chips you were asking about... I will still see what I can do about the price, and it will probably be similar I hope.

It is hard to get NA chips for all ECU?s though. Some ECU?s are very bad in terms of both hardware and software, and some can?t be chipped at all. You may need some specific ECU numbers to get a NA car chipped at all. But if you are determined to chip it, finding another NA ECU that is chippable will not be very hard or expensive.

So yes, put up a feeler for this and I will see what I can do at my end.

i was just wondering if my car was chippable. its an 83 244 glt b21ft, and i have done various mods to it, i can list all mods and planned mods if needed, (the car currently runs 17psi and only 94 chevron gas)

i was just wondering if my car was chippable. its an 83 244 glt b21ft, and i have done various mods to it, i can list all mods and planned mods if needed, (the car currently runs 17psi and only 94 chevron gas)
Does that car even have electronic fuel and ignition control???

Is that not K-jet?

i dont quite understand what k jet is. its ci non electronic injectors, so im thinkin that its non chippable, how ever the comp did relearn when i cranked up the boost after about a week of drivin, it does have electronic cold start and an o2 and some other minor things, i was just wonderin.

I meant it's a 2.3 liter......b23ft or whatever it is.....just don't know about k-jet
No, all 740 TI from '87 should have LH2.2.

Motronic ML1.1 is also a possibility, but not in the US.

rev limiter update? or just update on what ya'll are doing testing stuff? anything close to results?
What it looks like at this point is:

Since not all cars/ECU?s have the ability to modulate the rev limiter more than a few hundred rpm?s, we are looking into a hardware solution. This includes swapping a few components (capacitors, resistors etc.) in the ECU.

I am truly sorry it is taking so long time Mike. It has proven to be harder than expected.

Back