• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

81 242 drift toy

Thanks for all the compliments guys positive feedback is always good haha. An 2fast242gt yes I do have pics of them I'll upload them on here later, they aren't on my car yet I'm waiting on tie rods to extend

Yeah whenever you search google for "fender flares" or "universal flares" you get a bunch of not cool crap.

Thanks for the tip! :)

EDIT: :rofl::rofl::rofl: at their "tech section"

now you know why I was so short when you asked me hahahhaa look good dude!!!

You never answered like any of my questions an I'm still mad at you fr not answering any of my question lol. Like what flares do you have anyways lol? And what is your rear shock an spring setup, I don't like how soft mine feels :/

Just a tip if youre looking to extend your tie rods, I extended my control arms 2'' over stock, as at full lock i rubbed everything, and I needed to extend my tie rods, but I did some digging around at work and found out 00 ford focus use the same thread pitch on their inner tie rods and are 3'' longer total, with plenty of room to cut down. That is what I have on my car now, works great, I ended up cutting about an inch off them and they work perfect. Nice to have an off the shelf part incase you end up bending one at an event or something.

Just a tip if youre looking to extend your tie rods, I extended my control arms 2'' over stock, as at full lock i rubbed everything, and I needed to extend my tie rods, but I did some digging around at work and found out 00 ford focus use the same thread pitch on their inner tie rods and are 3'' longer total, with plenty of room to cut down. That is what I have on my car now, works great, I ended up cutting about an inch off them and they work perfect. Nice to have an off the shelf part incase you end up bending one at an event or something.

thanks for the info man! what wheel specs tires specs and any spacer were you running that made you rub? I was actually starting to think about that im not really sure how its all going to affect my car. I extended my controls arms 1.5 inches sooo do I extend tie rods the exact same amount? I would like more turning angle but I definitely don't wanna have big rubbing issues if I go your route with ford focus tie rods (sounds easier to cut and weld than extend) how would I go about it for my 1.5 inch longer arms.

Basically I do however much you extend control arms, extend the tie rods to match. I have bens quick steer stuff up front, and am running a 17x8.5 -30, and I still rubbed on everything. So I took my control arms off, trimmed the small lips on the inside off and extended them 2". I have about 1/2" clearance everywhere now. If you can swing it bens quick steer knuckles are well worth the money. These cars need all the roll center correction they can get. I put some pics up of my arms as stuff on IG my name is same as on here if you want to see them.

Also, tie rod length has nothing to do with angle, rack spacers don't really make tie rods longer for more angle they just allow more travel of the rack for more angle. I used rack spacers for a whole until I got knuckles.

yeah my buddy at work just explained how steering rack spacers work. so bens things actually give more angle not just help with roll correction?

Back