• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Looks pretty nice.

So much gravel on the roads. But no salt? Growing up in Michigan the cars rusted badly. Many of the older Alaska cars I saw still looked pretty solid.

It depends on how far north you are. Historically we haven't salted the roads, so most of the rust comes from cars parked in fields with wet grass. But recently as the wintertime temps have increased, they've started using a salt solution on the roads here when the temps are hovering around freezing. Once it drops down below 25 they stop salting.

?Ray Charles with his feet? booger welds for the new wide-band hook up. Sigh.

D39A84F3-CD92-4BA4-B92A-0045C3B61FC6-M.jpg

Going in I thought we would mount it under the car but the muffler guys said it should be placed ahead of the cat. I don?t know to what extent the cat effects the reading. As I recall, the efi O2 threads into the bottom of the manifold before the turbo. Any advice would be appreciated.

Going in I thought we would mount it under the car but the muffler guys said it should be placed ahead of the cat. I don?t know to what extent the cat effects the reading. As I recall, the efi O2 threads into the bottom of the manifold before the turbo. Any advice would be appreciated.

You are going to burn up your wideband. Where is your cat located? stock b21ft location?

You need to be before the cat. If you have it after the cat (assuming the cat isn't a gutted shell), you will have erroneous readings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=HADOcrcMikA

All modern vehicles have pre and post cat O2 sensors.

Or anneal them on the kitchen stove.

Yes there's a method to this madness, the wider ones you'll find aftermarket don't produce the pee-ess-eyes to seal as well.

Back