• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My first Volvo

tazerproof

Stumbled across this on FB Marketplace and even though I've never owned a Volvo I've always liked them. When I saw this one, I liked that it was kinda cool and a little ratty. Plus it was just down the street from my shop. '79 with a manual transmission.
67796097_2794384503909669_7257984526779940864_n.jpg

Right on. I’d say $800 was a good deal!!! Pre-‘83 240s are the best looking in my opinion. Chrome trim, elephant ear chrome mirrors, the flat hood and 7” rounds head lights have been swapped like a lot do here. You also have a GT grill, hopefully it’s in decent shape or at least repairable. They can be fairly desirable.

What’s the paint code under the hood, you sure the beige isn’t the original color. You’re clearly in the automotive industry so I’m sure you know where and what to look for. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
The car was orignally a coffin hood with dual round lights on each side. It's been flat hooded and GT front grill and headlights. Nice find! It's a good look. 78-80 only 2dr and GT models had flathood with dual 7" headlights.

The car was orignally a coffin hood with dual round lights on each side. It's been flat hooded and GT front grill and headlights. Nice find! It's a good look. 78-80 only 2dr and GT models had flathood with dual 7" headlights.

Yep. The PO was a Volvo fanatic and did the changes.

Back