• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to buy lash caps?

JohnMc

PV Abuser
300+ Club
My reground cams:
IMG_7603.jpg

...don't have much of a base circle left. And my new VW buckets would be fine with a stock cam, but they're about 3.5mm shy of working with the thickest shims (4.25) that I have. So some lash caps for the valve stems are in order, I figure 7mm (16V stem diameter) X 4mm (to put me back down into the middle of the adjuster shim thickness range).

But googles being a bit stingy with sellers of these. I found Vacmotorsports, but they want $8.95 a piece. 143.20 for 16 of them. Le ouch.
https://store.nexternal.com/vacmoto...-lash-caps-sold-individually-p1678direct.aspx

Then I found a UK site that sells them in sets of 16 for ?50.40 (50.40 GBP = 80.6682 USD ) but then their site only lests you pay via paypal, and they make you enter a shipping address, but there's no field for state, and then Paypal rejects the payment because the shipping address doesn't match holy run-on sentence Batman. Sent them an email asking for help.
http://www.shop.pug1off.com/product_info.php/cPath/51_66/products_id/336

But figured in the mean time I'd see if anyone knew of some less googleable seller of said items that I could look into.

Vac is the only place I've ever been able to find 7mm lash caps, but they have to be getting them from somebody..... Look on ebay, convert 7mm to SAE inch size and see if there is one from some nascar motor, used ones should be fine, alot of those guys only use them once.

Vac is the only place I've ever been able to find 7mm lash caps, but they have to be getting them from somebody..... Look on ebay, convert 7mm to SAE inch size and see if there is one from some nascar motor, used ones should be fine, alot of those guys only use them once.

7mm has been a popular stem for some time now in Nascar circles.

Nowadays 6mm is the new 7.

The problem is the thickness. The 7mm lash caps i have are for not mushrooming titanium valve, not making up clearance.

You know there are the followers with the pedestal inderhead and lash cap UNDER...

And you know there are some awfully nice 4130 Cr-Mo full base circle cams available---dontcha??

Call Fidel.

Yeah, but I *have* these, thus at this point they're going to be used.

Probably should use non-shim top lifter buckets too, if I'm going to do under-lifter caps, but then you need to grind the lash caps for proper clearance.

Did you ever find a good source? I'm having nightmares trying to get the valves adjusted with the 36 last caps I have - I need some thicker caps.

Back