• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Would it be best to unplug the 124 module?

I would assume that the EZK box is still sending out a signal to 124 module (that's why you can use it for a tach signal). Right? So if the wasted spark board fails, and if the 124 module was plugged back in, the dizzy/coil reinstalled, it would run as stock (if the EZK isn't damaged)?

Paul

was the general assumption on the 960 cops? Im assuming that these could be used with 960 ignitor module ?

was the general assumption on the 960 cops? Im assuming that these could be used with 960 ignitor module ?

any externally ignited COPS will work fine, just wire them in series.

I have tried the 4/5/6 cyl cops/ws thing, they are too short for the 16v head.

as for using the yota cops, they might work still with an external ignitor wired in parallel, unsure on that. there's no way to wire the trigger signal from the EZK to the cops without keeping the output voltage from dropping (unless perhaps you use a 12v transistor on the buchka board, if possible, that would then send 2 6v signals to the yota cops to fire).

I forget if nathaninwa is using COPS, he just might. he then might also be using the external ignitor with them.

any externally ignited COPS will work fine, just wire them in series.

I have tried the 4/5/6 cyl cops/ws thing, they are too short for the 16v head.

as for using the yota cops, they might work still with an external ignitor wired in parallel, unsure on that. there's no way to wire the trigger signal from the EZK to the cops without keeping the output voltage from dropping (unless perhaps you use a 12v transistor on the buchka board, if possible, that would then send 2 6v signals to the yota cops to fire).

I forget if nathaninwa is using COPS, he just might. he then might also be using the external ignitor with them.

I have my toyota ones which fit nicely but there was talk about the volvo ones a year ago and Im not sure it ever got settled or not.

Hey karl awesome to see an engineering student applying their knowledge to things that actually interest them!
I have a LS2 "yukon" coil dwell table here for reference. I've also included the coolant temp modifier table.
Multiply the coolant temp modifier values to the base dwell times to get your final dwell values
If you need LS1 coil information from the pcm .bin file let me know.

YukonCoilDwelltime.png

YukonCoilDwelltimecoolantmodifier.jpg

Andy, thanks for both the kind words and the dwell tables. The table values seem to be close enough to the EZK to work. If anything, the EZK dwell might even be a tad on the high side.

for the people that are not quite sure what Lawrence was talking about when it comes to modifying a generic 30amp relay for the tach out here it is.

646b8b4b.jpg

the copper arm that is sticking out is the piece that you remove.

Is there a Masterplan setup for the 16v ?

Which coils do fit ? Maybe anyone who can fab some screw on adapters for the plugs? What igniter do i need ?

Problem is, most of the cars you mentioned arent available in germany not to mention finding them on a junkyard ^^ so no "lookylooky what i found here" for me :(

Hai there! I ran the 16v with this thing.. and I used 1st generation miata coils and igniter. (no tach dummy relay needed!)

Pretty sure stock plug wires are no problem with it (length wise and coil mounting wise).

there's some other options, will post those later.

do you have part no's for me?

the miata for example was never sold here... but known to us aka MX5 and is selled pretty often... but do the numbers match? i dont know...

Ignition module, j70t2 mitsubishi

coils, off same car?,unsure of PN. 1st generation NA mx-5, 91+ to like 98?

Back