• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Ah...

is there a possibility to use coils similar to the ones the b6304f uses?

just for the looks ;)

btw:

i cant find any j70t2 module in the web... not on google nor on ebay usa... hard to find part?

Last edited:
Ah...

is there a possibility to use coils similar to the ones the b6304f uses?

just for the looks ;)

btw:

i cant find any j70t2 module in the web... not on google nor on ebay usa... hard to find part?

Hello
The coils from the b6304 is too short... :-(

Hello
The coils from the b6304 is too short... :-(

yeah, but if you look on the coils for the miata gen2 they are directly CoP, they should fit... but.. can you "adress" them like the miata gen1 module ?

sry.. i dont have a clue about the electronics behind ignition modules... therefore the question ;)

the Bosch 2x2 coil is pretty easy to find (in Germany/NL etc) and works good with the stock dwell times that are mapped in the ezk. not as neat as COP on a 16V but maybe a good alternative for the time being or for longer time. Also nice Bosch quality and works with stock 740/940 cables! :-P

Yeah.. there must be a masterplan for CoPs out there...

Can anyone measure the 16v head from surface to the Plug pins screwed on and unscrewed? Oh and the diameter of the hole.. maybe we can find "the coil" ;)

How would you address single CoPs? will there be there a difference in wiring ?

I just put this "tach driver" together for a local guy with a spark board. It's just a standard relay with the flapper and spring tossed out and a transistor/resistor stuck inside.

photo.JPG

That's pretty cool! I don't think I've seen anyone yet who's wired up COP's yet with the Board. There's a fellow here that tried them with the LS1 coils and they didn't spark. Probably because not enough dwell or something. I know Kenny had success with triggering Toyota coils off MS LED outputs, and they should be very similar if not identical to how the Buchka stuff is wired up, I don't know for certain though.

The LED's off megasquirt have a 5v trigger signal that's voltage is pulled up from a 5v source, and I measured the buchka board to be the same thing, so, I suppose you might be able to draw some kind of conclusion from that if the data matches up :e-shrug:

You should be able to use two wire COP's (no built in igniter). You'll just have to wire them to spark two at a time, cylinder 1&4 and cylinder 2&3.

I run VAG COPs, but I have modified dwell map in the EZK for them.
More than 10k kms on them. With stock dwell they won't work as they overheat in a mater of minutes and start to missfire.
Not using "genuine" buchka module though, but the principle is the same, so it should work perfectly with what you use.
In the EZK I use dual 512 bin - can select between vag and stock dwell, and can switch to/from dizzy in a couple of minutes.

Attached is the holder plate drawing I laser cut from 1.5 mm stainless steel for VAG COPs - someone asked for dimensions of the 16v head cover.
Diameter of the spark plug hole is 32 mm and the holes are not equally spaced..

Attachments

• Print drawing.svg.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 190
Back