• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

I have found a couple of these in junkyards over the years. They work great to set my GPS on.

Volvo 740 Coin Tray found in salvage yard
s-l1600.jpg

Time to update this thread with some NOS stuff that I've acquired recently.

Got a right 242 door skin and a left 242 door shell. They have a few dings, scratches and some surface rust from being mistreated over the years.

242Right%20DoorSkin1254119.jpg

242LeftDoorShell1255472.jpg

These hub caps fit the ATS 262C mag wheel and the 242GT wheel. They've been NLA for years.

HubCap283092.jpg

283075.jpg
1128493.jpg

Speaking of 700 series coin trays, I came across this NOS one a while back and sold it to a TB'er, probably too cheap.

700DashTray.jpg

Then I found this one for early 240/260.

200DashTray.jpg

This isn't newly acquired. In fact, I didn't even know I had this until my brother showed it to me the other day. It's an early glove box door. They were updated to a different style early on so this is a rare find. Brand new, never installed.

240EarlyGloveBoxDoor1214885.jpg

240EarlyGloveBoxDoorBack1214885.jpg

And the pi?ce de r?sistance, a NOS dash pad for '75-'80 240/260. Absolutely crack free and in pristine condition.

240EarlyDashPad1258444.jpg

Last edited:
giboZXM.jpg

Picked this up today from a clean 244 at pick n pull. Never seen one like it before. It's now on my car.

That cap's in my mom's '05 XC70, which I happen to know has never had that cap swapped from a different one.

I've not got much. Just:
  • some 14" dersus wheels (three of them - my fourth was damaged in the wreck that killed my beloved 244. if anyone has a number other than four of them, please let me know) from a 740 GLE,
  • the rear child seat for the 245,
  • two armrests without cupholders (black and tan cloth. If anyone wants tan cloth, I don't really need it anymore & would trade)
  • a 52mm tachometer (240),
  • e-code '86+ headlamps (only 'rare' if you're in USA/Canada, I think),
  • two sets of hard floor mats (black and blue - blue's missing the driver side mat because it cracked. Again, lemme know if you've got one),
  • the Volvo "Tourist and Diplomat Sales" book for my 245 which was apparently purchased by a USAF pilot stationed in Germany in 1992/1993,
  • the official installation instructions sheet for drilling holes in a 245's roof and installing the rack. That was helpful when determining what size of well nuts I needed to seal up the places with missing screws,
  • a dashboard without massive cracks going up the length of the vinyl (yet)
Oh, and a swedish import plate from my grandparents' '88 245 when they did the 'tour europe by volvo' thing, or whatever it was called back then.

Last edited:
75 year anniversary taxi sticker

I recently picked up a 75 year taxi sticker for my collection.

Attachments

• volvo taxi 75 years anniversary 1930 to 2005 a.jpg
    volvo taxi 75 years anniversary 1930 to 2005 a.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 421
Ya I learned that a few days ago, there are no clips. 260's? Hmm I was told it was for 240's when I got it. Hope it fits

You do realize that the "6" and the "4" only refers to the engine. The interiors and exteriors are basically the same, so yes it will fit a 240 or 260 from the same model years.

Ah nice pic Redwood, thanks.
Nel, I do know that but I'm finding the 262 interior is a bit different, I just don't know how different. It used to be easier to figure stuff out when we had these in junkyards around here, now most of the old stuff is rusted away and crushed.

Back