• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Streetkarnage Wagon

Nice, I love 1J's. They just have that nice raspy sound compared to the 2J, not that either would be a bad choice. Can't wait to see pics of the swap. :)

1012360_10152018008675884_28448274_n_zpsebcd9e58.jpg

1016621_10152018008485884_1617136908_n_zps543238ea.jpg

1011071_564992256877949_563529622_n.jpg

Cage is nearly done... just gussets to go in. :)

This is the 3rd cage I've seen on here without a diagonal in the main hoop. Any reason why you wouldn't opt for one?

How's seating position? My Sparco Evo almost touches the b-pillar so there's not a lot of room, but that main hoop isn't too far forward like Sam's cage was (at the b-pillar...they cut it out and moved it back).

Most wheel to wheel race series would require straight rear down tubes, but check your local listings. Even if you may only ever enter a drift event or hill climb/time trials event, best to check with the sanctioning body to see what's required.

Hopefully it's not done yet...assume not with the main hoop diagonal missing which is pretty critical, but the rear X brace is not really necessary like the diagonal, so looks to be in progress still?

On a wheel-to-wheel car I'd like a diagonal through the halo from front corner by the driver to opposite corner, bent up towards the roof if possible. That bracing from halo to main hoop is nice. I've also found that a similar brace or gusset from the front of the halo to the front down tube gives a nice place to grab when entering the car.

If you're paying someone to do it make sure they weld 360 degrees around every joint and ever spreader plate.

No diagonal bar, bent rear stays(though we call them legs up here), no petty bar. Hope cage has more to be done than just gussets. Otherwise I love your car and good luck with the new motor combo!

Bent rear stays. :nono:

I'm guessing this is just a show cage?

Got it done more for rigidity, plus we have no rules with our cages haha

This is the 3rd cage I've seen on here without a diagonal in the main hoop. Any reason why you wouldn't opt for one?

I left what went in to the guy that built it.... not sure how it would be able to put one in with seats?

How's seating position? My Sparco Evo almost touches the b-pillar so there's not a lot of room, but that main hoop isn't too far forward like Sam's cage was (at the b-pillar...they cut it out and moved it back).

It was built with the seat sitting in, works well.

Most wheel to wheel race series would require straight rear down tubes, but check your local listings. Even if you may only ever enter a drift event or hill climb/time trials event, best to check with the sanctioning body to see what's required.

Our highest drifting series (ADGP) doesn't in require a cage to enter haha

Hopefully it's not done yet...assume not with the main hoop diagonal missing which is pretty critical, but the rear X brace is not really necessary like the diagonal, so looks to be in progress still?

As above I left it up to the builder... but I can't see how one can go in with the seats.

On a wheel-to-wheel car I'd like a diagonal through the halo from front corner by the driver to opposite corner, bent up towards the roof if possible. That bracing from halo to main hoop is nice. I've also found that a similar brace or gusset from the front of the halo to the front down tube gives a nice place to grab when entering the car.

If you're paying someone to do it make sure they weld 360 degrees around every joint and ever spreader plate.

He's in the deep down under. That s h i t doesn't matter out there.

hahaha pretty much.... the cage will stiffen up the car a lot... and in the end will save my life if it comes to it. :)

Got it done more for rigidity, plus we have no rules with our cages haha

I was surprised to read that so did a bit of research... looks like you are right :omg: CAMS (the main sanctioning body in Australia) dont consider drifting a speed event and hence dont have any requirement for a roll cage. However if that did change in the future your cage would not meet the current CAMS requirements for a roll cage.

Despite not technically needing to comply with the CAMS requirements, it would seem foolish to go with a formula that has not had the benefit of being developed over decades of racing.

Mostly its just kind of perplexing why your cage would have bent rear stays as there is no obvious benefit, would cost more, be more work to do and isnt as strong.

Mostly its just kind of perplexing why your cage would have bent rear stays as there is no obvious benefit, would cost more, be more work to do and isnt as strong.

Im guessing his cage builder doesn't know any better.

Having him install a lower X like this, it will negate alot of the weakness brought with those bends.

gt-cage-012.jpg

Ben? could you make some more photos of your cage built? it is absolutly awesome and for my applicatiin a bit over the top but im excited how you did the ceilingframes and the floorplates.

Back