• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration -- 240 Style (DONT POST YOUR OWN)

MORE:

349.jpg
I love this one. "Honey,PLEASE come home,I haven't seen you in weeks"! Almost done,Babe.

i had no idea 1 thread could hold so much win... i'm now rethinking everything my parents ever told me.

331.jpg

346.jpg

same car. first he had a whiteblock, now 16v turbo

I remember reading that somewhere too -- something about smog laws/DMV laws in Sweden that made the 16v easier to register than the 6 cyl or something. Either way, both versions of that car are incredible. However I'm quite partial to the 16v iteration.

Just everything about this car makes me all giggity.

DSC_8846

DSC_8852.jpg

DSC_8212.jpg

DSC_8259.jpg

DSC_8263.jpg

DSC_8297.jpg

DSC_8320.jpg

DSC_8348.jpg

DSC_8185.sized.jpg

DSC_8862.sized.jpg

DSC_8865.sized.jpg

DSC_8882.sized.jpg

OMG! A steering quickener!!! GASP! Can't believe he drives it with that?!!

I know, right?!?! His mullet must be rockin'! :-P

What does that do? Turn the wheels "quicker" I am assuming? So its probably really touchy?

Yup, another solution instead of a quick rack. Rob is poking fun because Adrian posted a thread about quick ratio racks and mentioned several times that quickeners were only for mullet heads. Well, not those words exactly, but you know.

I can't draw, but I have an idea of what I want locked up in my head. It's always been there since I owned the 240. Cam, you helped me get partway towards realizing that vision, and in fact, you helped me leap frog about 2/3rds of that process. And for that I thank you.
I found photos I saved from the very first email from Dan... Gave me goosebumps and I got all excited just like the first time. I went out five minutes later to the driveway and washed her down. :)

I can't find a picture of the car that started me off on Volvo's. It was my neighbors 1800es. Actually he had 2 and I haven't been the same since.

There was a Black 240 sedan in bilsport years ago, I used to have the article in PDF, can't remember if it was 2 doors or 4, with a twin turbo 6. Definitely an inspiration to me...

Brett wtf are you babbling about?

Back