• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

Has anyone fitted a Volvo lower brace to a '92-'94 960? I know the cherry turbos lower brace won't fit (I have one), but maybe the Volvo brace fits? IPD says it won't fit the 6 cyl cars, but I'm wondering if they're talking about the PRV V6 cars.....

I just remembered a something that I bought about a month ago, I've never seen one before. It's a color matched (beige) rubber mat that goes over the driveshaft hump between the rear floor mats and protects the carpet. It's a Volvo accessory and it comes in one size with lines on the back that show you where to cut it for 700/900/S/V90, 850, S/V70 or S/V40. Kinda cool, I ordered it (from vlvworld.com) because I was curious to see what it was like. It's in my V90. I also ordered a set of Volvo mudguards for the V90, not really rare, but I don't see many with them. They seem to work well.

As well I have one of those reflective red rear valance panels for my 960 that goes between taillights. I still haven't decided if I like it or not.

I have a '92 940 GLE (16-valve) for parts. My understanding is that they weren't sold in the US. Is this true?

Lower chassis brace DOES fit a V6....I can tell you that much right away.

Rare stuff I have for the 360...
B19/B21 R-Sport tuning kit
Full 300 series gauge pack
Driving computer (as posted for 240s, but on a stick)
Factory bodykit
Clear front indicator lenses (non-factory..and non-fitted :-()

For a future -1981 (mk1) 300 project...
Rear window lourve for a -85 300
Centre console gauge panel and gauges for a -1982 300
On the way: R-Sport rims and R-Sport front spoiler for a -1981 300.

I also have LH2.4 Turbo+ (sometimes called Turbo++), 740 K-jet cruise control (rare here), and a 240 R-Sport boost gauge. There must be more, but I can't think what else.

cheers

James

foggyjames said:
Lower chassis brace DOES fit a V6....I can tell you that much right away.

So then the question would be; Does it fit a '92-'94 960 under the B6304/AW30-40? That would be pretty cool, I think I'd order one.

Red adjustable (rebound) front Konis for 300-series.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/GLT/2006/koni/

Got those couple of weeks ago. I bought them off Ebay, final price was 35 euros + delivery from Germany to Finland. So about 50 euros total. Not too much for new (well NOS parts) red Konis for front when you add the fact that those have not been available for 300-series from Koni dealer anymore for sime time now.. :-P Now I just have to get some Spax or similiar springs to go with them.

All my rare parts are for the 300 series:

Factory bodykit (even rarer in saloon form)
Full leather (a fairly rare option on the 300 series)
Econ/Ambient temperature gauges
Ronal 15x7" wheels from a 480 with the HAAS bodykit
Clear front indicators by Radicast
On order: stiffer front springs and Spax rear shocks :)

Rust holes

Black on tan 89 780 /94' B230FT/ 531/A cam/91 Coupe interior/ M90
+ a few dings and poor paint..............

I have some stuff to add since the last update.

-1981 343 R-Sport front splitter and rims
2x NOS -1981 343/345 'bulge' bonnet to clear a redblock

...anyone would think I was planning to build a pimp looking redblock powered -1981 343 :-D

And for randomness (and crazy rarity) value...
Oettinger big-valve head for B14. (Part of their 1600cc conversion).

I also had a set of 360 struts with coilovers and E30 325 brakes delivered tonight.

cheers

James

Red Panel

IMG_0171.jpg

(p.s. this car is for sale)

Back