• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

262 door speakers

2 old for this

My door speakers sound more like creaking frogs. Has a replacement been found. Car is a 78 and has the thin oems. Thanks in advance.

I've always liked the Crutchfield experience, but which of their products fit the door and original grill?

speaker274.jpg

Front door speakers for a 262C is a tough one. My 262C has a pair of older 3.5" speakers on some aluminum spacers that raise it up enough so the magnet clears the window glass but they still fit under the door panel. Fitted by the previous owner so I don't have any other info.

I had shallow 4" alpines that barely fit under 240 door panels in the 242 with the original door panels, but when I put the 262C door panels in it they didn't fit. I went to a set of ancient factory speakers that still worked.

Good luck! Let us know what you find.

I bought shallow depth 4" coaxial speekers from Crutchfield for the doors. They supplied a braket that slightly raised the speaker and let you use Volvo square grills on them. The speakers I've bought were Kenwood and Infinity brands.

Back