• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ecode headlight bulbs

ybotspawn

Hey everyone. I've got a pair of ecodes I'm trying to install in this 242 gt I have, but they dont have head light bulbs. Does anyone have the part number off of the cuff I can use to order the correct ones? Is it the same as stock bulbs?

Most of the ecode headlights use an H4 bulb also called 9003 or HB2. There are also versions of the ecodes that use H1 bulbs. I think those are on the early large TV screen headlights from the 70s.

What do your headlights look like? The small square ecode? I think they use the H4.

gcp.se attachments; hope they aren't too big. #8 I guess? doesn't really say what kind, except the lens says "H4"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.png
    2.png
    139 KB · Views: 86
I would go by the parts listing as the drawing clearly shows a H1 bulb which would be wrong since it's ony one filament and you need two for low and high beam in the one light. Thus H4.

I'd expect H4. Dana had a set of the large rectangular e-codes on his 83 242 that used the H1 and H3(?) bulbs. Separate reflectors along the bottom of the housing for the high beam, if memory serves. If you only have one hole for a bulb to fit in, then there's a strong chance it's an H4.

Back