• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dadssleeper 1990 Volvo 240 Project.

Dadssleeper

Hi guys this is my project 240, I started it started off 2 years ago when I finally found my 240 on craigslist. I wanted a manual wagon and that was my first task finding one that was in decent enough shape to restore. This is the car from the original craigslist ad that I purchased it from.

IMG_20131026_065815_474.jpg

After getting it home and tearing into it I knew I had a lot of body work to do, I am not a body man by any means but I have drive and determination so I was not going to let a little rust get in my way.

113013095813.jpg

I have since then replaced the rocker panels and wheel arches and made a few metal patches as well.

008_3.jpg

This is my first time attempting any body work.

My next step was to remove all the old suspension, control arms, bolts and hardware to make a sold reliable rolling chassis that I could use for my turbo swap.
012_2.jpg

So at this point I have nice solid rolling chassis (still need a windshield) and am about to start to tackle installing a 230FT, I been working around the drive train up until now. My next step will be to remove the engine and tranny from its bay and finish the restoration of the body. I will grind it down to bare metal and cut out and patch any areas needed. before installing the new engine. I also have a new transmission cross member to install at that time.

After that I will be needing few parts before I can get started on the engine swap as I have learned but with some information I got off this site and a few others I am feeling confident I will have all that I need to pull this off with success.

I have been doing this all by myself in my spare time as much as I can when I can. I have been in no rush because I want to do it right I even took a few extra steps for added rust protection and have used a truck bed liner in my wheel arches, inside fenders as well as floor boards inside and out.

IMG_20131228_172332.jpg

I will hit enter now and hope that my image hosting works.

Helluva start! Great work, and you're biting off a huge chunk of bodywork, especially for a first timer. I'm impressed, and looking forward to updates.

Body work has been done at this point I was still figuring out how to upload and to my suprise I got it now with out to much struggle.

Here are a few more images of some closer up shots of the finished work.

1459843_10202622686784381_1834211012_n.jpg

1506070_10202622688184416_892880500_n.jpg

1518728_10202700652373472_13155727_n.jpg

1521782_10202622689184441_666529313_n.jpg

This is "Dadssleeper" at its most current photo, its has all new everything front and rear , with IPD goodies installed. Its a bit dusty now because its been an on going project and I want to do it right. I currently have another brick that I am driving until I get the sleeping beauty to awaken.

20160804_111631.jpg

BTW I forgot to mention I took those stupid white stripes off the virgos I tried it it was a fail, so its back to solid black. I can now sleep at night.

So now its been about 4-5 years since I got this car it has come along way. Its a pretty happy car now with a B230ft in it. It hauls loads ,goes to shows, does everything I need it to. NOW I am building another.

32116261_10215862186763606_2843230120448098304_n.jpg

All sharpie? Or paint too?
Very cool

All sharpie then I clear coat over it.

Clear coating has to be done right to avoid fine line blurring. A light dusting at first to lock in the pigment.....then after that dries you can coat how ever you want.

Great project! interested to see the next project. Love the black on white art. You need to come down and do one of my cars.

Absolutely blown away but the sharpie artwork, found myself zooming in to see some of the details and got lost for awhile. Love everything about it.

Someone has mad art talent. Not something I would do to my car. Will the next project get art work?

Absolutely blown away but the sharpie artwork, found myself zooming in to see some of the details and got lost for awhile. Love everything about it.

Wow well then I will have to make sure I keep you up to date when I get more artwork put on...My wife is just getting started on the driver side but can only draw for an hour or so a few nights a week because we both been so busy with work. So its been slow moving.

Thinking about more art work I may have her do the TB skull with the shifter sticking out of his skull.

Someone has mad art talent. Not something I would do to my car. Will the next project get art work?

No the next car is a 93 classic and we hiring a body man and painter to bring it back to 412 blue green metallic ....This will be our only art car.

Back