• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

7/9 Alternator setup on a 240

CAPT_BLOTTO

#Crush It
I need to move my alternator to fit my turbo and specifically the wastegate, plus just to free up some room on that side of the engine. I've only found a few pictures of ones that may have been done years ago but lacking some details. The car is a 77 240 with no a/c and manual steering. I'm trying to keep the alt/crank and water pump with the shared belt(s)

Is the 7/9 bracket cut in half and then just moved down? And will it still clear the engine mount?

145595-6da014e7ada824d262f70ec9ea7bf10a_large.jpg

From an old thread
0407082220a.jpg

0409080058a.jpg

https://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=1915444&postcount=9

This is my block today.

IMG_20180506_165616 by Brandon Porter, on Flickr

The 7/9 bracket would bolt to the pair of diagonal holes below where the ground cable is now?

I'm Helping someone with the same on their planned race car but we haven't reached this point yet.
I've got a spare 7/9 accessory bracket that has the AC compressor holes broken (please don't ask) so I suppose I could sacrifice that one for the sake of science.

While I think there is a bracket that you can use iirc the 7/9 bracket with material cut off is the quickest way.

This

On the Lemons car I am running the stock PS/AC bracket off the b230 from the 9 series with the bottom half cut off, than dropped in the lower position by making the rearmost hole a little larger

Yeah I just test fitted it. It's pretty straight forward. Cut in half and then put it on. Clears the engine mount and intake bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_20180507_155957.jpg
    IMG_20180507_155957.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 64
Stayed late so you beat me to it, haha.
Had a junk Denso 100A on hand and that cleared like the pic in the 1st post; I'd think even the Bosch 100A should clear the mount/support bracket in 240's but that's an eyeball guesstimation. That unit is heavier and you're trying to race this so I doubt you even care for that alt.

One more thing off the list at least. Cheers!

Back