• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

coilover setup question

turbochimp

I installed some Kaplehenke coilovers on my ls 242 with the luxesteer/spherical bearing mount setup. I have 12" 275 on the front which feels ok now but leaves the car at (or above) stock height when I adjust the lower perch to the lowest position that will still contain the spring with the weight off of the wheels.

I need to lower this at least an inch or 2. Is it OK to adjust it lower even though the spring will be free at full droop? My concern is the the luxesteer top perch will not reseat correctly onto the bearing by itself.

Maybe I need different springs? I only have about 3 more inches of lower adjustment left on the strut so a helper spring to hold it in place would be marginal?

First experience with adjustable - any feedback appreciated.

I run 12", 275# Eibachs on my LS 242 with Ben's Luxe steer and caster/camber plates. I use a small helper spring to keep things in place at full droop.

A tender spring would be an ideal way to keep things engaged and the proper length spring for your application.

If you have an inch or two of unsupported travel at the top of the stroke its not ideal but unless the car is getting light in the front you probably wont unseat the spring during driving

I use Eibach helper springs and some Torrington bearings at each end of the stack-thanks,Towery- turns smooth as butter.

Back