• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Reproduction flathoods

iur

That's a dead end. culberro actually has the mold for the hoods now.

I do, I just need to find the infinite time it would take to reprep the molds, buy new resin and cloth, layup the hoods, install all the mounts, etc etc.

Then everyone would want a show quality part for $400, and complain when the resin yellows from UV exposure.

I do, I just need to find the infinite time it would take to reprep the molds, buy new resin and cloth, layup the hoods, install all the mounts, etc etc.

Then everyone would want a show quality part for $400, and complain when the resin yellows from UV exposure.

Can you do $350?

Shipped?

:omg:

IM out

protip- take full deposits and close doors like other volvo vendors

Dickman is doing the body kits. Not sure why he doesn't want to jump on that hood mold for that extra cheddar.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone remember where that article on mix-n-match 240 body panels was written? I thought it was on Matthew Hyde's site but I'm not seeing it there.

Also, online store with no DNS/ ip only - lol - how fast can I send them money??

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Does anyone remember where that article on mix-n-match 240 body panels was written? I thought it was on Matthew Hyde's site but I'm not seeing it there.

Also, online store with no DNS/ ip only - lol - how fast can I send them money??

Thanks

volvo told him to take website down or they'll kill his parents

Do you have an idea what you'd charge for one-off ones? like $1k?

If you make 20 flathoods, and sell them at $1000 each. How many do you have to sell to hit the break even point?

Shipping on a hood is not $500, especially if you aren't in a hurry. Put it on Uship and wait a bit, I shipped an entire flathood setup, hood, lights, grill, etc from PA to Colorado last year, the buyer did the Uship thing. I think it was in the $300 range if I remember correctly. If you just wanna drop it off at UPS, ya it will cost at least $500. It needs to ship as freight.

Some of us can afford this stuff. I won't buy it because so much of it does not fit well, most carbon fiber parts are "race quality", meaning the panel gaps are not even close to correct. The correct UV resistant clear coat additive is super expensive so no one uses it except for Ferrari, Konigsegg, etc.

I would think the a nice carbon fiber hood would be in the $800 plus shipping range, BUT only if the guy making them could sell a lot of them, otherwise it may not be worth it for him.

Back