• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pre-ABS 240 front (HARD) brake lines

15A

World's Oldest Brewery
A few years ago (IIRC) FCP sold new front lines in copper - were about 12" long with the ends already on. You easily massaged them into shape. As with all this stuff, they dont carry them anymore - anyone else know where these can be had?

OR......anyone have a clean set of them for the fronts (all 4). Need them ASAP.

THX

Skandix has them. Shipping rates to the states sucks unless you're ordering multiple items of course.
VP had them but on ~2 week delay or so. Edit: Checking again, they may have removed them from their catalog.

I'd say try 2manyturbos, RWC, or billy780. I'd offer to flare up some cunifer tube I have and send them to you, but I'm away from my tooling for another week and a half or so.

Last edited:
I'd say try 2manyturbos, RWC, or billy780. I'd offer to flare up some cunifer tube I have and send them to you, but I'm away from my tooling for another week and a half or so.

I've all but given up on VP - 90% of everything they have, you can get through Volvo Classics / dealer for 20% less and weeks faster. Plus much of what they show they no longer have or its USED (no joke).

Where you fellas find these links I'll never know.

THX!!!

I'm also in the process of replacing my front brake lines and my local auto parts store was not much help, including O'rielly's website which does not distinguish between flare-types.

According to Edelmann's website (https://www.plews-edelmann.com/brake-lines/rhinohide-pvf-line/) the 6312PVF part no. is used for non-ABS 240s on the front: from the brake hose to the caliper. Hope this helps anybody in a similar situation.

Polyvinyl Brake Line, Metric Lines, 3/16", 12" Length, Metric Thread, Bubble Flare, 10MM–1.0MM.
Hose Diameter: 3/16"
Hose Length: 12"

Big thanks to Matthew's Volvo Site: https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32317
For the DIY instructions!

Last edited:
You can also make the brake lines with a roll of copper-nickel brake tubing, tube nuts, tube cutter, and flare tool, all available on from your favorite online shopping overlord.

I also believe that OReillys or Advanced sells 12" lengths (cooper-alloy) with the correct ends on them you can bend. FCP used to - Stealth had just told me which blister pack store currently had them after I posted this - cant remember which one. I think they're only like $7 ea.

Doubt they were copper - it work-hardens. Probably cunifer ( copper/nickel alloy) used by Volvo first since it shapes easily and doesn’t corrode like steel lines.

I also believe that OReillys or Advanced sells 12" lengths (cooper-alloy) with the correct ends on them you can bend. FCP used to - Stealth had just told me which blister pack store currently had them after I posted this - cant remember which one. I think they're only like $7 ea.

COOPER-alloy. Copper and.... nickle IIRC

From your original post -- "A few years ago (IIRC) FCP sold new front lines in copper...." That's what I was reacting to. I think we're all on the same page now.

Why don't you bend your own from the local parts store? It's not difficult, cheaper, and easier.

Why don't you bend your own from the local parts store? It's not difficult, cheaper, and easier.

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things*. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard. — John F. Kennedy

(*bend our own brake lines).

And I'll never be on the same page..... :-P

Back