• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie Factory Wheel Guide...OMG its huge SORRY! nf56k!!!!!!

ok awesome!!!!

ill try to get some work done to it (sizes/offset, years/models, correct pic with name) when i get home from work tomorrow morning.....

as usual ANY input is MORE than welcome!!!

we will all have to chip in to get this guide looking stellar!

the only definite tomorrow morning is some sort of order....heres where i need all of your help....should i go alpha (easier) or model/year or size, or what?

There's Perfo (16") as well:

V70van5.jpg

Not my car, can't post one of mine until I get my ftp login working right again. I also have the "The choice is yours" poster showing all Volvo FWD/AWD wheels, I can try to post that as well.

splat said:
There's Perfo (16") as well:

V70van5.jpg

Not my car, can't post one of mine until I get my ftp login working right again. I also have the "The choice is yours" poster showing all Volvo FWD/AWD wheels, I can try to post that as well.

They're Columbia, i think you'll find

great job, but the "columbias" are actually called "columbas", only pointed it out because my car still rolls on them

eudora.jpg

Eudora - Very cool looking IMO
argon.jpg

Argon
Saurus.jpg

Saurus
echo.jpg

Echo
electra.jpg

Electra
canaveral.jpg

Canaveral
eurus.jpg

Eurus
Cassiopeia.jpg

Cassiopeia - one of my favs.

I think I covered some of the ones that you missed...might have even gotten some that you already have.

theres a lot of good looking wheels, especially some of the first one, never ever seen some of those before.

Seems to be missing Satelites too. The 2000 V70R wheel. It isn't the same as the Titan or the Pegasus, though it looks similar.
olympia04.jpg

Best shot I've got offhand, I'm sure there is a better one online somewhere.
16x6.5 or 17x7.5
Silver finish or Anthricite (sp?)

If you have time to drop by your local dealer and pick up their alloy wheel brochure, it has the sizes, fitment, finish and name for most of the FWD wheels. It wouldn't take too long to scan that in to get the missing wheels. Has a handy little alphabetic chart on the back and little pictures of the wheels inside. They normally hide them by the parts counter.

oceanus
nebula
capella (griz may have said this)
chromed atlantis
atlantis
medea
medusa
amalthea
oterra
polished sentinal
thor
chromed stentor
interceptor
neptune
sculptor
stylia
xenia
antaneus

anyone have pictures of these? my scanner has decided its on vacation for now.

Camyman said:
oceanus
nebula
capella (griz may have said this)
chromed atlantis
atlantis
medea
medusa
amalthea
oterra
polished sentinal
thor
chromed stentor
interceptor
neptune
sculptor
stylia
xenia
antaneus

anyone have pictures of these? my scanner has decided its on vacation for now.

about half of those are listed...the others i couldnt find pics of....if you dig some up please submit them!

Great work. I noticed you are missing the 14" 25 spoke wheels that came on the 240s. I am not sure what their name is. If you need a picture, I can take it from my father's car.

yes i do....i need pics, single wheel head on or very slight angle will do....if at all possible id like to get them all together in this post, then do the full fledged article in a different post, with model, year, offset, dia, width, and maybe even a list of what they'll fit, i need a moderator or an admin to help out on this request, since its a bit of a bandwidth-sucker and im not a supporting member....it's a free site, but it does cost someone out there money, i want that money to go to something other than a newbie-helper article about factory wheels, so any upper-echelon guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

for admin/faculty:
whaddaya think? a new post in article format or the amalgamation of replys from hundreds of volvo freaks?

if you want an article, i can certainly glom all of this input together into one consolidated post

if you wanna let this thing run amok, then by all means...but please, everyone, i BEG you, dont veer off-topic, and if i missed any wheels, post pics of it, if you dont have pics, then hold on because someone else probably will, please dont just put things like you mised such and such and then dont contribute...

thanks for all the killer responses thus far and keep those oddball wheels coming!

Back