• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another LS Swap on a 1990 240

Untitled by ttownthomas, on Flickr

Moved the rack over for steering shaft clearance and cleaned it while it was out. I cant find proper size crush rings. Anybody have a source? One is missing and it leaks.

I've always just taken some 600-1000 grit sand paper, wet it and place it on a flat surface - I use our kitchen counter tops (when SWMBO is gone) and just sand/re-smooth each side of the copper washer. I've reused them 4-5 times -- seal up and have never leaked.

I've always just taken some 600-1000 grit sand paper, wet it and place it on a flat surface - I use our kitchen counter tops (when SWMBO is gone) and just sand/re-smooth each side of the copper washer. I've reused them 4-5 times -- seal up and have never leaked.

It also helps to heat them (can use a propane torch) to be sure that they are annealed.

Thanks to Henrys Muffler shop in Raleigh. They do great work and it sounds awesome wide open and quiet at idle.

Do you have a part number for that 2 to 1 catalytic converter? What size pipe is on the inlet and outlet sides?

I'd love to put a cat on my LS project. I want the car to be quiet, I have plenty of excess power, I need a way to go from 2 to 1 pipe, and I don't see any reason not to clean up the air a bit while I am at it. Guilt free hot rodding!

Do you have a part number for that 2 to 1 catalytic converter? What size pipe is on the inlet and outlet sides?

I'd love to put a cat on my LS project. I want the car to be quiet, I have plenty of excess power, I need a way to go from 2 to 1 pipe, and I don't see any reason not to clean up the air a bit while I am at it. Guilt free hot rodding!

I do not have any part numbers. Cat is 2.25 inlet and 2.5 outlet I believe.

I am not good at remembering to take "before" pictures. I never think I am going to refurbish it completely and then my OCD takes over. Lol. Anyway here are the torque rods. The condition of the old bushings may give you an idea of what they looked like before I started. Stripped, painted and Superpro Bushings installed.

Anyway here are the torque rods.
Those won't last very long with a v8. The torque will turn them into egg shapes and then eventually crack the poly if not completely rip apart the metal. The metal sleeve on the stock bushing also reinforced the torque rods and you have now removed that layer of steel.

Just trying to help.

It'll be fine unless he's launching the thing on slicks or something. Even my kaplhenke rods got sloppy in a few thousand miles but I race my car hard all summer on slicks. It all depends how he uses it.

It'll be fine unless he's launching the thing on slicks or something. Even my kaplhenke rods got sloppy in a few thousand miles but I race my car hard all summer on slicks. It all depends how he uses it.
Bone stock n/a 240's can oval them out. It just happens a lot faster with a modded turbo car or v8 car.

If you check them regularly they'll usually turn egg shaped before they break. Up to you if you want to watch them or try to reinforce them now. I was just pointing it out to educate on a problem area.

Back