• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

"Brand new in box."

:nod:

SO we had our first fairly cool night here. The lower radiator hose clamp isn't quite right methinks :lol:

Cv4nOMol.jpg

Master cylinder decided to retire. Thankfully I had a spare on the shelf.

Getting started. Used a turkey baster to pull out the fluid from the brake fluid reservoir, then removed the old master cylinder.

IlvncGKl.jpg

A8jBotCl.jpg

Going back together.

aRMZ0dxl.jpg

G58mLypl.jpg

Ran into this upon reassembly. Replaced it with a spare.

wmsjjEll.jpg

The brakes feel much better than a month ago when I first dove into them for maintenance. Hoping this is the all it needs on brakes before winter :cool:

Last edited:
Both the cars are running this morning :wtf: Waiting for the next thing to break :lol:

b2bGqKjl.jpg

I *might* have Dad talked into selling me the wagon for good. Hoping to get it squared away before winter.

Gosh I hope so..your build thread and a couple others have me really inspired to get to my 242. If I can buy the wagon then I can finally execute my master plan :oogle:

So the Master Plan involves the V50 (T5 AWD) across the street. It belongs to a neighbor that has had shops tell him it has a "tranny issue". The plan involves parting my 744 and put most of it into the 745. This is all tentative, but you can see where I'm going :oogle:

bFHVeDel.jpg

Wait, WTF man, what are you doing with my wife's car across from yours? She's in an 09 V50T5 AWD R-Design, same color and wheels even. Nice for a commuter for sure, a little small for a hauler. Dunno about trans issues, but I'm getting ready to do a fluid change on hers, given it's around 120k.

I'll save you the trouble Jason...Castrol Transmax is compatible with the JWS3309 spec if you want to put good fluid in it. The M1 multi-car is not, but they do have a JWS3309 fluid, bit harder to find.

Good to know a fluid change helped! Hers is having some serious lag time on the 2-3 shift, hoping I can do the fluid, rerun the adaptation on the TCM and call it a day.

Back