• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals - May 18-20th 2018

It rains every year. Thats to be expected.

I'm out - ended up with the kid this weekend. She's not quite old enough to make the 7hr drive and remain sane.

^ you're right about that. I've been attending that show for more years than I care to remember and only once did it NOT rain the entire weekend. The bum part is that it usually clears up by Sunday. Pa. telling you don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm on year 9 and there were a few where it didn't rain. At least not all weekend. We ALLLLMOST always got some rain, but there were probably at least 3 where it just kinda blew over and then got sunny and hot as hell at least one day.

I remember the year a tornado blew through and took down the rear building, I think it was "C". Was also there one year when they announced a tornado nearing the grounds. Nobody wanted to leave. You could see the storm coming. I got in my car left with my family. Many people I spoke to later on regretted not following me out. The Import show use to be later but it was either the Ford or Corvette people who had it switched around. They were tired always having rain at the "their" show. I think the import show is their lowest turn out show.

Jen figure X3 for me! They also had better grade T-shirts, different colors with nicer graphics. You're lucky if you find a plain Jane white T with the words Import Show on it.

I remember the year a tornado blew through and took down the rear building, I think it was "C". Was also there one year when they announced a tornado nearing the grounds. Nobody wanted to leave. You could see the storm coming. I got in my car left with my family. Many people I spoke to later on regretted not following me out. The Import show use to be later but it was either the Ford or Corvette people who had it switched around. They were tired always having rain at the "their" show. I think the import show is their lowest turn out show.

Was that the microburst year like, 3 years ago when everyone was under that tent holding it to the ground? :lol:

By the way, to anyone from new york or new Jersey, I'll be leaving from central NJ near the beach. I can link up with anyone heading down and we can make a caravan. I planned leaving Saturday morning but will leave Friday if need be.

Ok, so now I'm gonna be there Saturday. Friendo leaving Grand Rapids tomorrow afternoon, swing by my place, rolling out to Hagerstown with him, picking up another, coming up Saturday.

Was that the microburst year like, 3 years ago when everyone was under that tent holding it to the ground? :lol:

Way before that. There were no paved roads at the time. Not sure if you were ever there when the only thing on the mud was hay everywhere. It was miserable to walk around. Always felt bad for the vendors who had to deal with that mess.

I liked going on Sunday. Always the best deals on what's left with vendors. It is also when they give out the awards. I was there when Leah, Josh and I were about the only turbobricks members left. So we posed for the camera and accepted the award for second in the club turnout. That was 2010. Seems like it wasn't that long ago.

We ate. We drank. We watch bad drifting. We breathed tire smoke from the burnout competition. We did electric bicycle smoky burnouts. We heard so many cars being held on the limiter that next time I?m taking paintballs and a slingshot.

It was my first time there in 25 years when I was selling parts. Met a lot of great people, they liked my V8 2 door wagon. Despite the rain I had a good time. See you all next year.

Yes. Saturday wasnt horrible more misty than rainy most of the day. We were surprised to see the turnout after seeing the forecast. Sunday afternoon was quite steamy for the ride home.

Just caught a video of the event from Shifting Lanes. Looks like there was a boosted 1800E there? Anyone have details on it?

Back