• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what about a "cars for sale" section?

slowbmw

i joined this forum for the sole purpose of purchasing a car from a knowlegable volvo owner.... I am looking for the right, clean, low rust 24x, and sorting through pages and pages of parts for sale is driving me nuts!

just a suggestion from a TB noob

you should be able to sort/search by thread prefix which should list you only working cars for sale.

It would be nice to have "Parts For Sale" & "Cars For Sale"

It would be very nice! I wish this site was broke up to types of cars for tech. Yes granted they are very similar but some one needs to know the specifics.

Examples

240series group (then have sections)

Technical 240
and
Non Tech 240

740series

technical 740
and
Non tech 740

etc.

i always wanted to work on a form for the classifieds sections "post new thread" screen but havent really found what i was looking for. anyone seen one somewhere else?

Haven't seen that but i've seen a button that is marked sold that locks a thread when something is sold. That's kinda nice

It would be very nice! I wish this site was broke up to types of cars for tech. Yes granted they are very similar but some one needs to know the specifics.

Examples

Technical 240
and
Non Tech 240

740series

technical 740
and
Non tech 740

etc.

thats what swedespeed is for, too many subforums = fail.

Examples

Technical 240
and
Non Tech 240

740series

technical 740
and
Non tech 740

etc.

But that would be pointless seeing the 240's, 740's, and 940's all can have the same engine so there could be 3 people in each subforum with the same problem on the same engine that cannot help eachother out.

i always wanted to work on a form for the classifieds sections "post new thread" screen but havent really found what i was looking for. anyone seen one somewhere else?

I've seen a number of other forums with classified sections that are much more difficult to navigate due to a million and one choices that make for an ad that is ten years old right next to something current.

The way TB forums is set up is the best I've used.

Well done!

There's a really easy way to find whatever you want in the for sale section...... post a thread in the wanted section. Either the buyer will contact you or some one will mention where it is at. +1 on TB being set up very nice.

I've seen a number of other forums with classified sections that are much more difficult to navigate due to a million and one choices that make for an ad that is ten years old right next to something current.

The way TB forums is set up is the best I've used.

Well done!

+1

Death by subforum is not an option.

Back