• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

there's nothing worth taking pictures of, also I've been taking most with my phone and putting them on facebook (!!). I need to get a cheap p&s for the workshop

got gaskets, etc yesterday afternoon. I should probably check and see if they're correct, hmm. anyway, gotta move boxes today after work, light the grille for some chicken (day two of eggweek), and work on the skirting around the pool some. Might have time/energy to work on the engine a bit after dinner, but maybe I'll play SC2 tonight and load up on grease tomorrow evening.

thats right!

busy busy busy. I gotta just stop making excuses and stop sleeping during the week, there's not enough time in a normal day to do what I want.

bigger than the skyline one? wasnt that one like 5" thick? geez, whare did ya find this one? sorry i cant be there with my trunk o miscalenous hardware this time.....

bigger than the skyline one? wasnt that one like 5" thick? geez, whare did ya find this one? sorry i cant be there with my trunk o miscalenous hardware this time.....

same dimensions, but it's a garrett core, rated at '950 hp' whatever that means. in terms of core density, the new core by itself (no end tanks yet, gotta cut em off the old intercooler) only weighs 1.4 lbs less than the old intercooler (oh, and a t bolt clamp and part of a coupler, so call it a 1 lb difference).

did work today: Re-arranged and organized (slightly) the workshop so I could get the transmission up on one bench and start looking at it, a table in the middle of the shop for misc stuff and cylinder heads, cleaned up the porting area, cleaned up the head this afternoon, might not need to take it apart, going to figure out some way to hold the valves open to check the seats and sealing surfaces. Don't want to pull the springs and valves out for a re-seating, but it won't be the end of the world if I do.

but I spent most of the afternoon cutting and drilling and test mounting my freeze plug retention plates. almost done with that. not much stopping me I don't think from having the engine back together this week, blew my projected window, but it took longer than anticipated to drill and tap 16 holes in the block :shrug:

Back