• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE 2019 April 26-28

this whole thing is going to get insane starting this afternoon. Bought some heavy duty warehouse shelving from a store going out of business... they called and said the **** had to be gone by COB friday. So.. I'm gonna try and get it all today. if we have to take it apart, then it'll just get propped up in a corner til after the meet.. if it can be loaded up intact (which would be a feat, no lie), I'm inclined to try and get the re-org on early.. which will involve shuffling stuff down ahead of the rains down in africa scheduled for tomorrow.

nothin' but work ;)

Eats

damn rain. Yall wanna spitball ideas for friday night if the track is rained out? Good ol fashioned burgers and dogs on the grill kinda thing and shenanigans in the shop?

Speaking of food...yeah, I know....my favorite subject in school was lunch.... Kenny, I can bring the deep fryer of destruction if there is a need for fries, tots, wings, etc.

I also have the gas grill that I brought to Mountain Meat and a Weber kettle grill. Someone closer probably has a grill that could be used, but I do have one.

I don't know how much we're going to be cooking vs. eating out, but I like hanging out and cooking better than looking at a menu. :)

the question of spare grill is actually still up in the air. If Marv grows a conscience, we'll be short on grill space during the day saturday whilst ass smokes. That could be classified as crimes against SE. I'm not above going to walmart to get something disposable (or HD to get some bricks and a grate, you know, whatever), but better gear usually results in better..err results. We did lose our chicken guy, so we may need to fill that void.

I'm rambling. I've been moving **** and taking shelving apart since 5pm, I gotta catch a nap. tomorrow I'll be mowing the lawn ahead of the rain and then cleaning the shop (!!!!). No pressure here ;)

I'll check back for an update and call Marv to see what he's going to do. I can probably squeeze them in somehow in addition to the transmission I'm bringing for Captain Blotto to haul back to KC.

How about the fryer?

I vote bring the fryer just because it's so damn impressive.

There's like half a 240 in that thing.

It must dyno at least 37whp

Have fun y'all. I'll miss this one. But I do want to get out there again someday. Keep those traditions and meats burning.

we have several grocery stores in a ~10 mile radius, I have little doubt that we can make use of whatever is on hand

juuuust ducked the rain with the mower. in 1.5 hours I:
Weeded the front beds.. high spots only, but I sprayed it with roundup a week ago and the dead **** needed to come out for post-processing
went back to the shop, moved the 940 and trailer. remembered to check some dyno settings for another dynocomm owner, dropped and broke phone. need to go leave a negative review for that case (it fell literally 3 feet and I guess it hit something but I can't see what it would've been)
cut the yard
cleaned the mower, parked it, closed the shop, walked back to the house. then the bottom dropped out

fake edit: holy ****, 2 inches of rain tonight, gone by 2am but geeeeeeeeeeez.

Camping is a play by ear situation. the yard wasn't saturated so it might be ok by friday night, we'll have to see. Shop floor space is still going to be there.

Back