• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

post a pic of your engine bay

34321803264_12c33d0773_z.jpg

This is such a clean install! Do you have a build thread?

While waiting on some brake parts I decided to try the Slip Plate graphite "paint and buff" method on the exhaust manifold. It worked better than I expected, much better than the before rusty look. I was also lazy and didn't take off the manifold, so heavy masking for the spray paint, but figured I can do better coverage if I remove the manifold at some point.

IMG_7654.jpgIMG_7647.jpg

While waiting on some brake parts I decided to try the Slip Plate graphite "paint and buff" method on the exhaust manifold. It worked better than I expected, much better than the before rusty look. I was also lazy and didn't take off the manifold, so heavy masking for the spray paint, but figured I can do better coverage if I remove the manifold at some point.

Very interesting. I will definitely try it out. Thanks for posting.

It was a pretty quick process too maybe took an hour and half start to finish (most of that was masking). I lightly steel brushed the manifold to get any big chunks off and wiped down with brake cleaner, let dry. Applied the first light coat of paint, dried in like 5 mins, applied a second light coat waited 20 mins buff off with a rag—done.

The manifold does have some slickness to it, but don’t see how that would be an issue. I have yet to run the car, so I’ll see how the manifold paint holds up to heat in the coming weeks, but suppose to hold well since it’s graphite.

Back